Page 199 of 384 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Hey I absolutely love pasta. I have 6 or 7 boxes at home but that's my usual. if people are treating it like the only food available they are insane. The power isn't going out. I got a freezer full of options. If it came to it, I can make a variety of delicious foods for a month and I'm not even a great cook.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    Hey I absolutely love pasta. I have 6 or 7 boxes at home but that's my usual. if people are treating it like the only food available they are insane. The power isn't going out. I got a freezer full of options. If it came to it, I can make a variety of delicious foods for a month and I'm not even a great cook.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    We’ve basically bought all our favourite foods in the freezer and stuff much more verity than pasta predominantly curry options from chicken beef and spinach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My heart rate has been higher today than normal, and slightly higher the last few days as well, but today its been slightly higher. I don't know if its paranoia but its starting to stress me out. I took my temperature last night and it was between 96.6-97.3, so that seems normal. My blood pressure seemed to go up and back down again but not very high. My heart rate is setting me off though, and I've even taken my regular 10mg Propranolol today and doesn't seemed to have helped at all. I feel paranoid I'm getting an infection or I've somehow picked this virus up and I don't know it, even though I've had no contact with anyone, but all this stuff of it being in the air for a long time after has me anxious about going out and everything is getting a bit overwhelming for me honestly.

My heart rate is usually between 60 to low 80's, but today it spiked up to 104, and has been spiking into the 90's and high 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    My heart rate has been higher today than normal, and slightly higher the last few days as well, but today its been slightly higher. I don't know if its paranoia but its starting to stress me out. I took my temperature last night and it was between 96.6-97.3, so that seems normal. My blood pressure seemed to go up and back down again but not very high. My heart rate is setting me off though, and I've even taken my regular 10mg Propranolol today and doesn't seemed to have helped at all. I feel paranoid I'm getting an infection or I've somehow picked this virus up and I don't know it, even though I've had no contact with anyone, but all this stuff of it being in the air for a long time after has me anxious about going out and everything is getting a bit overwhelming for me honestly.

My heart rate is usually between 60 to low 80's, but today it spiked up to 104, and has been spiking into the 90's and high 80's.
    I have similar increased heart rate patterns with panic and anxiety I’d try to do some relaxation and take your mind off it xx

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    I have similar increased heart rate patterns with panic and anxiety I’d try to do some relaxation and take your mind off it xx

Yeah? It's just because I've not been doing anything strenuous or anything, just sitting at my desk all day, so usually my heart rate is steady, but it seems a little erratic, and then once I notice this, it makes me worse and I start thinking its infection, the virus and whatever else. I'll try relax, but its very, very hard to allow my mind to settle right now, but I'll try. Thanks for replying x x x

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    Yeah? It's just because I've not been doing anything strenuous or anything, just sitting at my desk all day, so usually my heart rate is steady, but it seems a little erratic, and then once I notice this, it makes me worse and I start thinking its infection, the virus and whatever else. I'll try relax, but its very, very hard to allow my mind to settle right now, but I'll try. Thanks for replying x x x
    Nope nothing strenuous or otherwise it is all panic do relaxation breathing several times to endure relaxation for me if I’m in a state like that it continues into massive intense panic attack just try to break the cycle if possible xx

Mischa - you've been so stressed and worked up about this virus, incredibly so, and what you are experiencing is adrenaline in your system. There is NO WAY you could have picked this up, you aren't seeing anyone and not touching anything.

I've been out today to a large local town, a railway station, some local shops and walked the dog......didn't see one sick person or anyone so much as cough. People were there going about their normal working days and business. You have developed a picture in your mind that there is this threat of incredible proportions floating about in the air. Maybe, just maybe there will come a time when they ask people to quarantine, but there are still ONLY 450 odd cases in a country with a population of 66.5 million !!!

[QUOTE=Phoenixess;1933971]Everyone was bemoaning in morrisons about people buying toilet rolls and past and how dare the run amok on the gluten free aisles when the normal pasta had run out! And someone was claiming they bought eight boxes of toilet rolls and tissues once a week it was mental the conversations. In the hospital waiting room this morning another mother and daughter were discussing Italy and mum and I were discussing elements of it. Part of me has resigned to if we are going to get it we are going to get it we can’t stop it. I have quit smoking now albeit eaten a billion packets of crisps and now ripped my toenail but hoping to give myself a fighting chance of survival none the less.

I feel really miffed as to why toilet rolls and pasta are specifically being singled out for panic-buying at the moment. Especially when there are other like-wise materials that we can blow our noses with, such as 'proper' tissues, kitchen rolls, paper napkins and even handkerchiefs, and AFAIK not a peep about panic-buying of those. I'm sure they can also be used for wiping one's nether regions with too, just like ordinary toilet paper. As for all the hysteria over pasta and its 'panic-buying', there are still plenty of other foods in stores that we could also be buying, so it's not as though we're likely to completely starve!!

I reckon there must be more to the toilet rolls and pasta thing than we obviously know. Some kind of agenda(s) perhaps? Urban legend maybe?

Though for all I know I could more than likely be talking out of my backside!!

BTW, good luck for your quitting smoking.

It's a behavioural thing...

The toilet roll thing started after the video of the women fighting in Australia over it. That started a ripple globally.
    The pasta thing was because Italians (who would have thought) were buying pasta readying for an inevitable lockdown

Everyone is having a bit of a fear of the unknown and as such are conforming to the standards of everyone else for fear of missing out later on down the line.

The power isn't going to go out, this isn't The Walking Dead. In a way sufferers of HA are a little ahead of the curve on this one. But there's always the "what if?" the entire time!

[QUOTE=Lencoboy;1933996]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    Everyone was bemoaning in morrisons about people buying toilet rolls and past and how dare the run amok on the gluten free aisles when the normal pasta had run out! And someone was claiming they bought eight boxes of toilet rolls and tissues once a week it was mental the conversations. In the hospital waiting room this morning another mother and daughter were discussing Italy and mum and I were discussing elements of it. Part of me has resigned to if we are going to get it we are going to get it we can’t stop it. I have quit smoking now albeit eaten a billion packets of crisps and now ripped my toenail but hoping to give myself a fighting chance of survival none the less.

I feel really miffed as to why toilet rolls and pasta are specifically being singled out for panic-buying at the moment. Especially when there are other like-wise materials that we can blow our noses with, such as 'proper' tissues, kitchen rolls, paper napkins and even handkerchiefs, and AFAIK not a peep about panic-buying of those. I'm sure they can also be used for wiping one's nether regions with too, just like ordinary toilet paper. As for all the hysteria over pasta and its 'panic-buying', there are still plenty of other foods in stores that we could also be buying, so it's not as though we're likely to completely starve!!

I reckon there must be more to the toilet rolls and pasta thing than we obviously know. Some kind of agenda(s) perhaps? Urban legend maybe?

Though for all I know I could more than likely be talking out of my backside!!

BTW, good luck for your quitting smoking.
    Thank you 24hrs smoke free so far 100 million crisp packets later I’ll update you on my expanding waistband lol

Page 199 of 384 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast

Thread Information