Page 206 of 384 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    All this has come at the worst time for me but it's a challenge! Thanks, Elen.
    Maybe not worth falling out over?

Re: Coronavirus in numbers/facts (COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I thought it was entirely unneccessary of him to say 'many of you will lose loved ones' or something like that......it was a really unhelpful thing to say in advance and is going to make people panic even more. Saying that, I think their general policies over this are fairly good scientifically-led ones, based on virology modelling and how to give people the best outcome possible. The idea being that you want a nice slow curve up to the peak of cases, to allow for the best treatment possible for the most possible.
    Yes, an irresponsible comment by Boris. He could have said 'some'.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Give it time...
    Im purposely not buying more loo roll as I've got a lovely article with a big picture of Paul Hollywood waiting for me

Re: Coronavirus in numbers/facts (COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yes, an irresponsible comment by Boris. He could have said 'some'.
    Yes, I totally agree. A very poor choice of words.

But then again, BoJo would equally have faced heavy criticism had he played down the situation.

TBH, whoever was PM, be they Tory, Labour, Lib Dem, you name them, would no doubt be met with extreme derision by the smart alecs and know-it-alls of this world, regardless of political/social/cultural angle. Just imagine in particular all the venom being spewed at Mr. Corbyn by now over all of this had he won last December's General Election, especially considering all the blatant hatred many seem to have of him!!

Remember guys, apparently, 'they' say, that this will all be done and dusted by the end of May or June at the latest. :O)

So more news from Portugal, all schools and universities are closed, bars coffees and restaurants closed, clubs are closed and we are going to shut our gym tomorrow as well. Our government is saying that next week our situation will probably be just like italy's since nobody is following rules, yesterday thousands of people went to the beach, people are being quarantined because of cases from their schools and workplaces and are leaving their houses to go to the coffee shop or take a walk, like really? I'm really embarrassed for my people right now. I'm scared now because our government was always confident about our hospitals and our Healthcare system and they said that we are able to handle this situation, but now they are saying otherwise, they are saying that they don't have enough beds, hospitals and respirators for everybody, I'm really scared guys, and we are still at the beginning

Remember guys, apparently, 'they' say, that this will all be done and dusted by the end of May or June at the latest. :O)
    Did you (or they) specifically mean here in the UK or worldwide?

They (being the BBC, selected virologists and the Chinese scientists) seemed to indicate that most countries would be coming out the other side by then, but specifically it was referenced as us in the UK as May.

They (being the BBC, selected virologists and the Chinese scientists) seemed to indicate that most countries would be coming out the other side by then, but specifically it was referenced as us in the UK as May.
    Well that sounds promising, really hope that's the case.

Let's hope the general public at large co-operate with the authorities and follow their requests/advice in the meantime.

Quick Question About COVID-19

So I have a question. I’ve been battling a veryy stubborn cold/flu the last few weeks, everytime it seems to go away completely, my throat hurts again the next day, it’s very frustrating. I’m aware that the risk factor for coronavirus is higher for the elderly/immunocompromised. Would me having a previous cold/flu then developing the coronavirus at the same time count as me being immunocompromised? I’m just wondering because there’s officially a case of the coronavirus now in my local hospital and it looks to be spreading.

Page 206 of 384 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast

Thread Information