Page 222 of 384 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

I wonder if society is ever going to recover from all this!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Yep and we will all talk about the changes that we are going to make before back peddling and going back to the status quo

I am somewhat concerned that there are stories of the police being given powers of detention if they suspect individuals are ill and these powers being retained for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dc1980 View Post
    Yep and we will all talk about the changes that we are going to make before back peddling and going back to the status quo
    Unlikely. There's pretty much a mass panic going on, isn't there?

Recover? Of course. Be changed? I hope so.

I hope firstly, that we realise we should not be using animals for food. All these illnesses; Spanish flu, swine flu, bird flu, SARS, MERS now COVID and so so many more. None would have existed, no one would have died if we weren't so hung up on consuming the creatures we share the planet with.

I hope we realise that outsourcing all your manufacturing to the cheapest possible single-source comes back to bite you in the arse, and therefore I hope we realise we don't need so much. And certainly not so cheaply or instantly.

I hope we become more community-minded, reminded that there is a world of lovely people outside of our screens. People we can befriend and maybe help each other. I hope we can remember how to pull together.

I am hopeful this will be a catalyst for change and that things don't go back to 'normal'. I hope we are all squarely kicked up the arse into doing better.

Unlikely. There's pretty much a mass panic going on, isn't there?
    Hi Frank. We’re all trying to be careful to be thoughtful of triggering others on here. Your history of seeing doom in everything is not helpful.

There’s not mass panic and we will recover from this.

You may feel panic and it’s certainly very different from anything most of us have ever gone through, but panicking helps no-one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Hi Frank. We’re all trying to be careful to be thoughtful of triggering others on here. Your history of seeing doom in everything is not helpful.

There’s not mass panic and we will recover from this.

You may feel panic and it’s certainly very different from anything most of us have ever gone through, but panicking helps no-one.
    Well said, Scass. This thread should be about trying to support people, not trying to make them panic with scaremongering comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dc1980 View Post
    Exactly. And on NMP the Misc board will return to it's usual quiet self whilst the HA and Symptoms boards will start piling up with cancers, ALS, etc...

This feels like primarily a U.K. thread now which is not that supportive to those of us in countries, areas, neighborhoods being hit hard. Our time of philosophizing is over, and now our daily lives are drastically affected as we are all isolated in our homes and scared.

Thank you to Toby for responding to my last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Pamplemousse....please tell me that you tackled him on this, you told him he should be isolating ?
    He might have contacted the NHS to be told he hasn't got the symptoms. He then wouldn't need to self isolate since he has been assessed by people far more qualified to do so than us.

His employer might also do it since they are expected to be sending people home as per the government.

Page 222 of 384 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast

Thread Information