Page 233 of 384 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Welcome Kalny!

Hi Kalny,

Sounds like something the young children of one of my colleagues had - a cough so bad it was actually making her 5yo sick.

"there's a lot of it about", as we used to say

Meanwhile, HMG has suggested the following:

"Over-70s - and younger people with certain health conditions - will need to remain at home and have groceries and vital medication delivered, the health secretary said."

And because I look on worldometer once a day (so fascinating!) I’ve noticed that although there are lots of people who currently have the virus, there are a few thousand more who have recovered from it.

I was shopping today (worse than Christmas queues) and was told by a fellow shopper that a packet of loo rolls put in the food bank for those less fortunate was nicked by a desperate panic buyer on his/her way out of the shop...This was in Waitrose which is full of people who are well off! That person should be named and shamed and banned from the store for stealing in my opinion!

Chicken from Switzerland here. We're now the second worst affected country. I'm an asthmatic and have HA, so I'm not doing great. I feel our government is doing well, but people are ignoring the rules. Suspect lockdown of everything but supermarket is imminent. We had 800 new confirmed cases since yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by kalny View Post
    This thread is great. I've been worried sick.

On Thursday my son came down with a bad wet cough and he has been hacking away. We have self isolated since then. He looked awful on Friday but yesterday woke up full of beans and has been fine since. Now my wife has whatever it is and she is feeling rough. She says she thinks it's just a heavy cold. I don't think it's corona as we haven't had any fevers in the house - but my anxiety has been realllllly trying to get in my way.

I've stopped looking at the news and facebook now altogether. It's full of scary stuff. It's had me on edge for days! I am SO worried about what will happen if we get this.
    Hello kalny

Don't let anxiety cloud your judgement..and definitely limit your time on social media and news outlets. If you do actually get coronavirus the likelihood is that you will be fine. I'm sure that far more people will have come forward telling about their recoveries by then. This is all new and scary but who knows, it could just become a bit more "acceptable" as we adjust to a new lifestyle and learn more about the virus.

Hiyer Lushchicken, (like the name)

Nice to see a Swiss rep on the boards, and sorry to hear that you having such a rough time over there. I saw you were third on the worldometer list today for rise in new cases (underneath Spain and Iran) but there are other countries still to declare their totals for today. I think many people would rather be in 'lockdown' when you get to the position you are now, do you feel that way ?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I was shopping today (worse than Christmas queues) and was told by a fellow shopper that a packet of loo rolls put in the food bank for those less fortunate was nicked by a desperate panic buyer on his/her way out of the shop...This was in Waitrose which is full of people who are well off! That person should be named and shamed and banned from the store for stealing in my opinion!
    Wasn’t it awful! I’m in Greater London and there were queues to get in Tesco.
    I saw lots of people walking around with 16 rolls of loo roll so hopefully they will be happy for a few more days!

Quote Originally Posted by Lushchicken View Post
    Chicken from Switzerland here. We're now the second worst affected country. I'm an asthmatic and have HA, so I'm not doing great. I feel our government is doing well, but people are ignoring the rules. Suspect lockdown of everything but supermarket is imminent. We had 800 new confirmed cases since yesterday.
    Hello and welcome!
    I’m also an asthmatic with health anxiety - so although we’re in different countries we can hopefully look out for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGroundhog View Post

Though no 4 is -#ThingsToSayWhenYouCum
    Well, to be fair, hospitals are probably going to be overrun in December with babies being born! When in lockdown....

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Page 233 of 384 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast

Thread Information