Page 240 of 384 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Well they're stuffed selling them online. Now they will have to sell them in bulk to traders who will expect trade rates so they will make a big loss (hopefully)

They better hope it doesn't get really bad because governments will consider seizure powers. It would serve the idiots right.
    I hope they take huge losses. It would completely serve them right. And if they do have it all seized, more the better. I liked the end of the article where it noted that “since the article came out, he’s looking for places to donate”. Believe it when I see it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Well, our mayor has just ordered everything thing closed except for drive through and delivery. No word on retail stores though.
    what part of the country are you in AV? I’m in the Midwest and we currently have significantly less “confirmed” cases than the coasts. My parents are in Palm Springs for the winter and it’s a little more locked down out their way. They were supposed to fly back home this Friday (I was grabbing them from the airport) but they’ve decided to stay out there awhile longer. I’m glad because I was concerned what they may pick up on the flight. Rather them stay where they’re at for now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGroundhog View Post
    It makes little sense. If you've got access to running water then, yanno, you can live without bog roll. Many people across the world do so perfectly successfully.

I do have a hunch (might be wrong) but if you visit 'prepping' sites, often in the US, their suggested items list often ends with a cheery 'don't forget lol roll, everyone forgets lol roll'.

I dunno.

Would also explain why people are clearing out the canned aisle - no canned veg whatsoever. But leaving the frozen untouched. US lists are generally prepping for a natural disaster, where you may well lose electricity and water so canned is the way to go. See also people panic buying water here, wth?
    youre absolutely right about the prepping lists. Depending what part of the country we live in, we have guidelines for what we stockpile to prepare for natural disasters. Where I’m from we’re prone to tornadoes. So canned goods, bottled water, basically non perishable stuff. But even in the height of disasters that have happened here, I’ve never seen this toilet paper obsession before lol. It’s unreal. Our city is literally flooding social media with reminders not to flush anything but toilet paper as other paper products will cause the sewer system to back up and then we’ll have even bigger issues.

sounds like nows the time to get into plumbing if you need work lol.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    I hope they take huge losses. It would completely serve them right. And if they do have it all seized, more the better. I liked the end of the article where it noted that “since the article came out, he’s looking for places to donate”. Believe it when I see it lol.
    Yes, karma will most certainly strike them!!

Well it looks like he donated them. And now he’s under investigation for price gouging.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/15/t...69tion=topNews

If you fancy a laugh, have a look at this tweet from Jeremy Corbyn's brother, Piers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Piers_Cor...67865784033280

Now, here's another question; marked as such to avoid confusion.

You're in isolation, and you've ordered your online groceries to be delivered - which includes toilet roll because the end of the roll is nigh. But there's no toilet roll in your delivery because selfish lunatics have emptied the local supermarket of it. Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Now, here's another question; marked as such to avoid confusion.

You're in isolation, and you've ordered your online groceries to be delivered - which includes toilet roll because the end of the roll is nigh. But there's no toilet roll in your delivery because selfish lunatics have emptied the local supermarket of it. Now what?
    Pieces of newspaper and water should work, apparently. No idea how pipes would cope, but better than nothing.

Meanwhile, Brits in Benidorm know best.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RarrochaR...53816261603329

Quote Originally Posted by Lushchicken View Post
    Pieces of newspaper and water should work, apparently. No idea how pipes would cope, but better than nothing.
    At last a use for the Daily Mail.

I suspect round here sewers would be rapidly blocked.

Page 240 of 384 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast

Thread Information