Page 247 of 384 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Well things got truly real here in the States. The Bay area, including 6 counties, have been issued a shelter in place mandate whereby people are not to leave their homes, unless they are essential, such as doctors, nurses, first responders, etc. Until April 7th. I am sure many many other cities will follow suit. Houston, where I live, just closed down all bars, limited restaurants to drive through only, and admitted that school is likely closed for the rest of the year. This is the same city that decided less than a week ago to shut down the dang Rodeo. It is hard not to freak out when these extreme measures are being done. I know why they are being done. But, I am grieving all of these job losses, people getting ill, kids missing school and their friends, airliners crumbling. It is all so overwhelming. And, I wish I could turn it off, but my job is to look after the people I work with, so I have to be aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    There’s not mass panic
    But there will be!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    But there will be!
    Will there? can you see the future?.... lets not speculate

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Will there? can you see the future?.... lets not speculate
    Well it's going to get a lot worse, is it not?

Well it's going to get a lot worse, is it not?
    Is it? how do you know?..... covid19 is a journey into the unknown

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you say but I'm concerned this thread is also obsessive for some and that's just another form of Googling articles or reading excessive levels of news. If people are hanging out in this thread for extended periods of time they need to be aware they are failing into anxiety traps and negative behaviours.

Fear is built by engaging with it and anxious people do more of this. So we need to get on with other distractions too as you were with the washing and fishman in the garden. Some are saying they are carrying on as much as possible.

A certain amount of reassurance is needed for those worse off but for those in a better place it's self reassurance that is needed and the ability to objectively judge incoming information and react appropriately.

What concerns me also is that this becomes a justification for fear. It's real but so many things are. When we have a terrorist attack we get threads on the GAD board and HAers will not be in them. Those fearing rarely join in on HA threads and other than the odd one haven't appeared in this thread either.

We even have 3 of NMP's repetitive posters either in here, updating their long threads or starting new ones.

If we had started a thread aimed purely at anti anxiety steps I wonder how many pages it would have amassed?

Don't get me wrong, this thread is doing positive things too and some people are too severe to being to cope without engaging in negative behaviours regardless of the issue hence need more support and reassurance, but I feel it is more an update news thread than anything. I just wonder sometimes whether we are missing some things although being on Misc we tend to have more general debate.
    I agree Terry, so I'm going to post about gardening and its beneficial influence on HA/GAD/depression.

Today was a beautiful early spring day and provided a welcome break from the doom found in the media. Last autumn I cleared a lot of dead bramble from the bottom of the garden. Not all of it, as bramble is a valuable ecosystem species that has pollen for bees and blackberries for birds come autumn. I planted up the free space with bulbs. Snowdrops, crocuses, daffodils and snakeshead fritillaries. Snowdrops have gone over now but crocuses/daffs are in full bloom.

The primroses are looking great and I've always preferred the true wild ones that typically have the pale pastel yellow flowers. While some people are fond of the hybrid primulas I find them a bit garish. Primroses are grown fairly easily from seed but it needs to be fresh. In fact I grow most of my plants from seed as I find it hugely satisfying to sow that embryo in a tray of compost, carefully nurture it until you see the break in the surface and new life thrusting into the light. There is a feeling among some that aspects of gardening are somehow complex or elitist, but anyone can grow plants from seed. Admittedly some seeds germinate more readily than others. Annuals are particularly accommodating in that they germinate very quickly as they have to grow, flower and set seed all in one year. They then die. Examples of annual plants are blue cornflower, wild poppy and nasturtium.

Biennials spend the first year growing, overwinter and then flower, set seed and die the following year. Foxgloves are biennial, as are wallflowers and Honesty.

Perennials are slower to germinate from seed in general as they play the longer game, taking longer to reach maturity but living for a good few years. Some perennials are lupins, delphiniums and aquilegias. These are low maintenance plants as they can be left to come up every spring.

I'll have to leave it there for now because our border terrier is being sick.

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Is it? how do you know?..... covid19 is a journey into the unknown
    A colleague of mine said so. This whole lockdown thing will drastically increase the panic buying. Armed police will be roaming the streets soon!

Well my husband just came home from work and said a guy he works with went home sicke yesterday and didnt come to work to day and he has all the symptoms of covid. I spent all day trying to relax and then he drops that bomb. Now I'm super stressed again and freaking out.

A colleague of mine said so. This whole lockdown thing will drastically increase the panic buying. Armed police will be roaming the streets soon!
    ahhhh so complete hearsay then

I just read a Covid 19 horror story On sky News website I am literally freaking out I’m starting to have a panic attack I don’t even wanna repeat what I’ve just read I hope it’s not true I’m so scared all over again and don’t think I’ll sleep tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 247 of 384 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast

Thread Information