Page 252 of 384 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    You're welcome. I'm really concerned about the impact on mental health from the current situation, even though it's pretty much unavoidable, but anything that helps people cope has to be a good thing.
    Such links are really needed, Swan. This may be a big event at present but that makes what we do in recovery all the more important. It's time to get the helpful tools & techniques out.

Thanks folks! Happy to offer some of my insight Like I said - this community has gotten me through many a breakdown. And I'm sure it will get me through my next one too!

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    I was hoping one good thing to come out of all this (if that's even possible) was cessation of people gobbing in the street. However, last night I saw a young guy do just that tsk. Shows that some people simply do NOT care and it's something that I hope is clamped down on and ENFORCED. Not just to contain the current virus but ALL infectious nasties out there
    Wasn't there a story about a man getting mugged for his toilet rolls?

It's like Black Friday.

Even the fruit is gone now. I don't know whether supermarkets are prioritising certain items due to higher churn volumes causing perishable goods to be reduced on the shelves?

I also hope supermarket managers are controlling shelf refilling so it's a steady stream through the day and not a race to sell out.

Let's hope the supply chain starts to catch up now because the shelves are really starting to get bare in some cases. I need to go on the hunt for milk tomorrow from several places, and msybe fruit if there is any, as I will start running out in a few days and couldn't get them today. But we will adapt. I've got a batch of old powdered milk I can make up that's been in the pantry for a few years. And at worst I suppose we can supplement with some protein shakes or meal replacements which there are no problems getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Also I'm scared that I have mild asthma

It runs in my dad's side of the family, he has it as do my aunt and uncle (mildly). My mum's dad died of it also.

I can get out of breath (though I'm unfit) and last summer during hayfever season I woke up one night and my chest was tight

Would that put me at greater risk of dying with if I catch the coronavirus?
    The only way is to see your GP for a test. But the fact, if you do have It, it's so mild a case of asthma only stands you in good stead. It's problematic cases and the uncontrolled that will be the concern.

If you aren't wheezing then it's unlikely. But if it is exercise induced asthma they can check that out for you.

This was on my Facebook feed today. I haven’t gone thru and verified all these but even if a fraction are true it would seem we’re on the right track! Maybe some folks in some of the regions mentioned can chime in and let us know if they’ve read anything similar in their news.

“These are all encouraging facts!!! ((( " I did not fact check every single one, but, I do recall reading many of these in the news. ")))

How about some good news?

-China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.

- Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.

- Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.

- A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.

- Apple reopens all 42 china stores,

- Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.

- Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.

- Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.

- Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

- 3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.

- A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.

- A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.

- Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.

- All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.

- Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

So it's not all bad news. Let's care for each other and stay focused on safety of those most vulnerable.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I’m genuinely waiting on her claiming Covid-19 was made in Westminster and Scotland should be allowed to choose whether or not we get it.
    Well the Tories keep labelling it a war and Boris wants to be another Churchill (maybe the nodding dog?) Which she could latch onto.

I think our lots response might be we are sharing with you so you don't feel left out as usual

Perhaps she might have to look at the state of the hospitals that they keep ducking?

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    This was on my Facebook feed today. I haven’t gone thru and verified all these but even if a fraction are true it would seem we’re on the right track! Maybe some folks in some of the regions mentioned can chime in and let us know if they’ve read anything similar in their news.

“These are all encouraging facts!!! ((( " I did not fact check every single one, but, I do recall reading many of these in the news. ")))

How about some good news?

-China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.

- Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.

- Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.

- A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.

- Apple reopens all 42 china stores,

- Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.

- Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.

- Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.

- Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

- 3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.

- A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.

- A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.

- Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.

- All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.

- Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

So it's not all bad news. Let's care for each other and stay focused on safety of those most vulnerable.”
    And the total confirmed number of recovered cases in the UK is now 65 (according to Wikipedia). A massive advance from yesterday!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I agree Terry, so I'm going to post about gardening and its beneficial influence on HA/GAD/depression.

Today was a beautiful early spring day and provided a welcome break from the doom found in the media. Last autumn I cleared a lot of dead bramble from the bottom of the garden. Not all of it, as bramble is a valuable ecosystem species that has pollen for bees and blackberries for birds come autumn. I planted up the free space with bulbs. Snowdrops, crocuses, daffodils and snakeshead fritillaries. Snowdrops have gone over now but crocuses/daffs are in full bloom.

The primroses are looking great and I've always preferred the true wild ones that typically have the pale pastel yellow flowers. While some people are fond of the hybrid primulas I find them a bit garish. Primroses are grown fairly easily from seed but it needs to be fresh. In fact I grow most of my plants from seed as I find it hugely satisfying to sow that embryo in a tray of compost, carefully nurture it until you see the break in the surface and new life thrusting into the light. There is a feeling among some that aspects of gardening are somehow complex or elitist, but anyone can grow plants from seed. Admittedly some seeds germinate more readily than others. Annuals are particularly accommodating in that they germinate very quickly as they have to grow, flower and set seed all in one year. They then die. Examples of annual plants are blue cornflower, wild poppy and nasturtium.

Biennials spend the first year growing, overwinter and then flower, set seed and die the following year. Foxgloves are biennial, as are wallflowers and Honesty.

Perennials are slower to germinate from seed in general as they play the longer game, taking longer to reach maturity but living for a good few years. Some perennials are lupins, delphiniums and aquilegias. These are low maintenance plants as they can be left to come up every spring.

I'll have to leave it there for now because our border terrier is being sick.
    Sounds like you are busy, fishman.

I hope your dog is ok.

I've got some outdoor stuff to do. I've given everywhere a tidy up and sorted out the winter weeds (one area gets a new lawn very quickly with it being under the bird feeders). On big areas a push pull weeded is great as it really churns the soil up better than a Dutch hoe.

Spent the afternoon sealing gutter leaks. I've never done ladder work so it takes some getting used to...and with GAD and the confidence issues that come with it. Just got to resite a couple of gutter brackets as they seem to be at too go at an angle so we are getting some spills (either the guys it fit years ago or one section may have become warped so will need a swap out) and fix a snapped facia and add a couple new brackets (the guys who fitted this year's ago didn't put brackets close to one corner by a downpipe so the weight of the water has snapped a small section off causing the glittering to say at the corner and spills over). Grr!!!

Then I'm onto a few other projects like planting some fence posts and adding as the hedge doesn't quite reach all the way so we have a gap. It used to be screened but we had to cut some dead stuff away. Then I've got a border to build out of some old slates and flagstones to stop the soil spilling over did one section late last year and dug the soil down being the upturned flags. Then hopefully a reducing the height and weight of the massive tree in our back garden.

All stuff my dad would do but now he's mid seventies onwards he's not safe on ladders and besides that's what we are here for.

Have you got a greenhouse since you propagate from seed? My dad many moons ago had one and grew some fruit & veg. My GF grows loads of stuff. I was thinking of trying some potatoes to reduce the reliance on supermarkets.

I'm in & out of garden centres and nurseries at the moment. Did a load of work for my GF in her garden recently as she wanted new trees. Sawed up loads of wood for her coal fire.

All hard work but makes you sleep well! Gardening is good for mental health, even it's it maintenance and tidy up, I've found.

Have you got more planned?

Sounds like "The Good Life", Terry although you are probably too young to remember Tom and Margot?

Thanks for posting the good news glassgirl!

It clearly seems of utmost importance to be able to test everyone who wants it. Reports are coming out here, including the NBA's Donovan Mitchell, of asymptomatic carriers. Which is great for them but bad because they could unwittingly spread the virus. I believe this is why Korea's numbers declined sharply after their initial spike, because people were able to test and then isolate before making things worse in their community.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Page 252 of 384 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast

Thread Information