Page 27 of 384 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    That's why it's a shame this thread has been moved to the HA board.
    It shouldn't have been - I have moved it back to misc

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Nice one, Nic. Thanks for moving it back. Perhaps it just went wrong when you guys were merging various threads off the HA board with it?

Yeah I think it did Terry.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    That's why it's a shame this thread has been moved to the HA board. Panic is contagious...more contagious than this virus. Rise above it, Fishman and remember what horrors your Dad has been through in comparison to this? It's not as if this virus is a "mystery virus" and cannot be identified or treated...

I'm using a soap which was bought in York..I'll keep you posted...has anyone heard of Death by Soap? (Joke!) I'll take my chances because it's a gingerbread one and it'll help with the nausea if nowt else!
    Yep my Dad had some tough times but his own Dad (my Grandad) was at The Somme in WW1. Sadly I never knew him as he died two years before I was born. He was sent back to Blighty due to shell shock. But after a short leave he was sent straight back to the front. My Dad tells a story of my Grandad pulling a wounded German soldier into the trench only for him to die of his wounds. His captain gave him the German lad's watch, made of silver and my sister still has it.

Its only in recent years that my Dad has opened up about the shell shock. My Grandad would be ok for periods but a car backfiring etc and he would be taking up defensive positions. So he'd be sectioned. Before my Grandma died she wrote up all the times he was in hospital, the longest was 3 years 4 months. A heart attack got him in the end though I'm sure the effects of that war shortened his life.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Yep my Dad had some tough times but his own Dad (my Grandad) was at The Somme in WW1. Sadly I never knew him as he died two years before I was born. He was sent back to Blighty due to shell shock. But after a short leave he was sent straight back to the front. My Dad tells a story of my Grandad pulling a wounded German soldier into the trench only for him to die of his wounds. His captain gave him the German lad's watch, made of silver and my sister still has it.

Its only in recent years that my Dad has opened up about the shell shock. My Grandad would be ok for periods but a car backfiring etc and he would be taking up defensive positions. So he'd be sectioned. Before my Grandma died she wrote up all the times he was in hospital, the longest was 3 years 4 months. A heart attack got him in the end though I'm sure the effects of that war shortened his life.
    That's both fascinating and interesting. Do you have an image of the watch I would love to see. Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    That's both fascinating and interesting. Do you have an image of the watch I would love to see. Thank you for sharing.
    Unfortunately I don't WiredIncorrectly. It is quite a simple design I seem to remember, engraved silver case with I think an enamel type face. It has made me wonder what his name was, and to think he had a family in Germany who would have received that awful telegram. It's very sad when I think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiko22 View Post
    It arrived in Italy too... Two cases were confirmed this morning😷 but I agree with what was said above... It's not black plague, it's not an apocalypse
    I read about them, a Chinese husband and wife tourists. Their holed up in a hotel in Roma. Doing just fine and dandy by sounds of it

Stock markets havin a bad day

Lovin it!

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    Stock markets havin a bad day

Lovin it!
    I wish whatever companies are propping up Facebook would f**k off and let them collapse. Can't believe Big Brother is still alive and people are still using it after everything they've done.

Wait a minute - how are we supposed to recognise this virus?

Page 27 of 384 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread Information