Page 273 of 384 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

I have been doing pretty well with this outbreak despite having health anxiety. Was being the calm one in my family up till now. Felt ok knowing that most people only get mild symptoms, was assuming it was being blown out of proportion by the media but everyone was still being overly cautious. However things have changed a bit where I live (channel islands) the last day.

They are closing schools, people are being told to work from home. Yesterday they started closing pubs , clubs etc. Now shops and restaurants are fine. I thought fair enough they don’t want large groups of people together. Today I visited my boyfriend. Before I left their were two confirmed cases where I live. People were basically being asked to use common sense. I figured I’m only going to his house it’s fine.

While I was gone they number of cases rose to 17. My dad picked me up and shouted at me in the car. Saying I should be going out as I could take it home to my grandparents. He said haven't I seen the news (referring to the increase in cases) I said yes but it wasn’t like that when I left and he knew I was going and didn’t stop me. According to him basically everyone he knows is staying inside. However when I was out before it was a normal amount of traffic. He was saying how the streets looked so empty but then again it’s 10pm at night and things are shut. He was really freaking me out. I also told me friend I went to my boyfriends and was like “not like we stayed a meter apart lol” and she told me I was stupid.

And now I’m worried. Both my grandparents have underlying health conditions. I have asthma as well so now don’t know what would happen if I get it. I’ve been working all week too. I know it sounds selfish but I’m also worried I won’t be able to see my boyfriend. I know we trying to stop this thing spreading and that’s the number 1 priority but he helps be so much with my anxiety/depression. If we end up shut up at home for weeks (my dad says it will be law) it’s going to suck.

This whole thing just hit me all at once and now I’m scared and crying. Sorry for any spelling errors or typos in this I’m too tired to check it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post

This guy says the virus is manufactured. That would tie in with this Event 201 I keep hearing about.

Alright, alright, I admit it. I started Covid 19. It’s part of my world domination plan.

Smart move. I thought Jeff Bezos might have started it so that he can deploy his army of Amazon drones to deliver every package!

I am now officially "sheltered in place" at my gf's, as they call it here in Illinois. We will go out for walks when it's nice but otherwise plan to follow the recommendations.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

QuantumJonny, it sounds like all of your family are low risk, I know it's hard but try not to get too caught up in it all. I'm sure diabetic kids have already caught it but still are largely unaffected, the stats for children are very very good. Also I'm no expert on Corona virus symptoms but I don't think a runny nose is a common symptom, it's much more likely to just be a sniffle that kids can pick up all the time.

I really would recommend avoiding media if possible, or if you need to know things just limiting it. I find BBC news a lot more factual and rational than others. Also I just deleted my Instagram and Facebook apps today and today I've felt so much less anxious! If you're 29yo and healthy there's no reason to think you wouldn't be fine. I know it seems scary, and for some groups it is, but just take reasonable precautions and I'm sure you'll all be absolutely fine. I hope that helps!

Hey KitKat, sorry to hear you're struggling. It doesn't seem like it's spread hugely in the Channel Islands yet, so it's highly unlikely that you've caught it so far.

Do you live with your grandparents? If so maybe look up official recommendations for living with people at risk so you can keep them safe. I'm not sure what the actual recommendations are, but they will be around! Or is there any way you can stay with your boyfriend at the moment if it's an easier living situation there? If not, remember there's FaceTime and many ways we can keep in contact in this age!

If you haven't seen it already, Mind have a good resource for mental health during Coronavirus. There are lots of helpline numbers you can speak to too - you aren't alone!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mx/emmyf/ru...todos-los-dias this is in Spanish but should translate to English in English browsers. I'm going to write it the relevant ones down and use it as a self care daily checklist

I’m still working on Jeff Bezos . I gotta take down Wal-mart first

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Groundhog, can I get this clear. You're saying we have 250,000 cases right now? And the epidemic 'could' peak in two weeks?
    I'm not no, I have no idea. The government (don't know if you have been watching the daily briefings at all?), said several times last week that they estimate 1000 cases in the uk for every death (I hate writing that it sounds so cold, but that's their wording). So that where we are now (ish).

It could peak tomorrow, it could peak in two years, again I don't know, but again the government - in the daily briefings (I don't read any press) suggest it will, and they would want it to, peak in a few months hence a slowish spread. Someone else replied it might peak in two weeks, I was saying that was unlikely.

Hope that clear it up. I'm not personally suggesting numbers or time frames, I'm not in a position to know. Just repeating what those who should be in a position to know have said.
    Last edited by TheGroundhog; 22-03-20 at 07:55. Reason: Missed a comma which made for ambiguous/confusing phrasing

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat99 View Post
    I have been doing pretty well with this outbreak despite having health anxiety. Was being the calm one in my family up till now. Felt ok knowing that most people only get mild symptoms, was assuming it was being blown out of proportion by the media but everyone was still being overly cautious. However things have changed a bit where I live (channel islands) the last day.

They are closing schools, people are being told to work from home. Yesterday they started closing pubs , clubs etc. Now shops and restaurants are fine. I thought fair enough they don’t want large groups of people together. Today I visited my boyfriend. Before I left their were two confirmed cases where I live. People were basically being asked to use common sense. I figured I’m only going to his house it’s fine.

While I was gone they number of cases rose to 17. My dad picked me up and shouted at me in the car. Saying I should be going out as I could take it home to my grandparents. He said haven't I seen the news (referring to the increase in cases) I said yes but it wasn’t like that when I left and he knew I was going and didn’t stop me. According to him basically everyone he knows is staying inside. However when I was out before it was a normal amount of traffic. He was saying how the streets looked so empty but then again it’s 10pm at night and things are shut. He was really freaking me out. I also told me friend I went to my boyfriends and was like “not like we stayed a meter apart lol” and she told me I was stupid.

And now I’m worried. Both my grandparents have underlying health conditions. I have asthma as well so now don’t know what would happen if I get it. I’ve been working all week too. I know it sounds selfish but I’m also worried I won’t be able to see my boyfriend. I know we trying to stop this thing spreading and that’s the number 1 priority but he helps be so much with my anxiety/depression. If we end up shut up at home for weeks (my dad says it will be law) it’s going to suck.

This whole thing just hit me all at once and now I’m scared and crying. Sorry for any spelling errors or typos in this I’m too tired to check it.
    I'm really sorry it's hit you so hard. As mentioned above there are lots of great online resources to turn to for support, I hope that might help.

It's a lot to take in. We are being to here not to visit anyone or have anyone over now. Though I think we are a while a way from that sinking in for a lot of people. The quicker we social distance though the quicker we will stop being asked to do it, the longer we drag our heels the longer this goes on for.

We are lucky in the amount of communication tech we have. If this had happened 25 years ago it would have been the phone or a letter, and the phone was quite expensive. Now you can face time all day for free if you want. So at least that's something.

Page 273 of 384 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast

Thread Information