Page 290 of 384 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Now, someone just pointed me at a report in the Financial Times suggesting that half of the UK's population may already have COVID-19 and have already developed some immunity.

The link is here: https://www.ft.com/content/5ff6469a-...f-41bea055720b - which may or may not be paywalled. When I did a Google search I was able to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat99 View Post
    They have just announced we are having a 14 day lock down here, possibly extending it to 28 days after reviewing at the end of the 14 days. They said once there is no evidence of community seeding it will be lifted. Still anxious but I know it's the best thing. I just hope it works.

Where is here exactly - I haven't seen anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Now, someone just pointed me at a report in the Financial Times suggesting that half of the UK's population may already have COVID-19 and have already developed some immunity.

The link is here: https://www.ft.com/content/5ff6469a-...f-41bea055720b - which may or may not be paywalled. When I did a Google search I was able to read it.
    It's paywalled - what was the Goolge link that you found?

Which would actually, believe it or not, be a good thing. That would mean that the mortality rate is far lower than seasonal influenza, the hospitalisation rate would be less than 1 in 1000 and of course, with half the country with a form of immunity it would lessen the need for such stringent lockdown measures.

I’m sceptical, though, as the rate of positive results when tested are very very low at this moment. It has been said from early on that testing should have been an absolute priority, and it’s something which we seemed to shy away from in the UK. Now we are ramping up an antibody test to find evidence of past infection in people, the results of those are going to be very interesting indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    It's paywalled - what was the Goolge link that you found?
    I googled "Oxford coronavirus study"

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    Where is here exactly - I haven't seen anything about this?
    Guernsey

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    OK daughter has just got back from her shift at the local Spar. People have been going in all day buying coffee and chocolate, chatting away and acting without a care in the world.

This morning I woke feeling optimistic, but now I really do give up. What the hell is the point in me bothering to try and stay virus-free? Anyway the day will come soon when my daughter will bring it into this house, so that will be that.
    Sorry to hear This, fishman. Has she got management support so customers get told how to act in the shop?

Only so much they can do without closing but are they doing everything they can to protect the staff?

I hope your dad is ok. He's had a time of it recently and he could be a bit out of it on the meds?

Was anyone watching the Foreign Secretary addressing questions this afternoon about people stuck abroad? If you were you might have noted the Health Secretary sitting next to him who at one point turned around then back to the front and coughed before continuing to tap away on his phone. He coughed into his hand

The Cadburys Easter advert is in poor taste. Two grandkids visiting granddad to give him a hug

I googled "Oxford coronavirus study"
    Found it: https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/24/coron...tion-12451012/

Must admit I agree with their suggestions that the CV in the UK started back in January - I posted some thoughts on this yesterday. At that point no-one suspected it but enough of us had viral infections during January and February whose symptoms were akin to those currently being reported. We all just thought it was the usual winter bugs ... I had two doses of it - the worst of the two in February Perhaps we were wrong... but it does make you think.

The sooner the UK starts antibody testing the better .... foe everyone's peace of mind and restoration of sanity. I am starting to develop cabin fever and only been working at home for a week!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Was anyone watching the Foreign Secretary addressing questions this afternoon about people stuck abroad? If you were you might have noted the Health Secretary sitting next to him who at one point turned around then back to the front and coughed before continuing to tap away on his phone. He coughed into his hand

The Cadburys Easter advert is in poor taste. Two grandkids visiting granddad to give him a hug
    What about all those ambulance-chasing health insurance companies - as if any of them are going to offer policies to anyone in the current crisis? And if they do the 'get-out-of-paying clauses will be mind-boggling!

Page 290 of 384 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340 ... LastLast

Thread Information