Page 3 of 384 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

I have read about this and it worries me

Please do not be worried as we keep saying

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I wouldn’t worry to much about it. As said before they’ve confirmed only 17 deaths out of 550 cases or however many and we also have no info if all these people already had healthy immune systems.

Re: Coronavirus fears

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/20/healt...ned/index.html This may be helpful, it will seriously affect you if you are elderly. very young like baby-toddler, or have weak immune systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    Thanks lovely I’m terrified as it’s my first time going since I’ve been poorly with anxiety and panic BUT I’m doing it and have a hospital appointment whilst I’m there so it’s a bit of a productive trip in the sense of doing few things at once. Never the less it will be lovely to have my final break before I finish my degree xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    London is my absolute favorite city in the world (just look at my profile photo)! It’s an amazing place; try and enjoy yourself 😊 everything will be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's not really a serious worry for anyone who has a normal and healthy immune system.

We'll be back to Brexit news next week. Remember "World War 3"?

Enjoy London! There will be the inevitable panic on here no doubt but the media love to stoke up doom and gloom scenarios so take it all with a pinch of salt! They would soon switch back to news of Harry and Meghan if they were to make an appearance/spout some more nonsense about their sense of non-royal duty etc etc
    Yeah, whatever happened to WW3? I think I must have overslept that day

As Trump and China don't they just retaliate? So, China send over some germs and Trump will send over flu-laden passengers just to say his willy is bigger than theirs

It's been an unusual month with two major withdrawal acts hasn't it? Still, I expect the Queen already has the Told you so gang banner ready for the inevitable tail between legs return in years to come She certainly put the brakes on their planned soliciting of the royal name for all those potential corporates. Still, Harry can probably get a deal with Ronald for the McPlonker

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    Thanks lovely I’m terrified as it’s my first time going since I’ve been poorly with anxiety and panic BUT I’m doing it and have a hospital appointment whilst I’m there so it’s a bit of a productive trip in the sense of doing few things at once. Never the less it will be lovely to have my final break before I finish my degree xx

Isn't this like worrying about the crime epidemic in London? And rationally you would know unless you plan on going around areas where the police wear riot gear just to buy their lunch (like any major city anywhere in the UK? ) the vast majority of people go about their lives untouched by the "crime wave" the media keep telling us about? It's almost like knives & gangs only exist in the capital

Basically that it's a tiny % of a place you are going to and extremely unlikely to happen to anybody. Like so many things in life otherwise we would lock ourselves in our basements. Or as another possible statistical comparison, as likely as you going to London where you are hit on the head by the Trump baby blown off course by a sudden gust of hot air (well, they do usually float it outside Parliament ) and jumping up all bright eyed shouting "I've seen the light, I'm a Republican!!!"

I'm sure Sky movies will have dug up "Contagion" for prime time viewing during the week...Just to keep the interest going.

Over Christmas we had three shootings within walking distance of my home. A week before that, the house opposite us had their windows shot out.

If I can hold it together with that going on, coronavirus isn't going to be amongst my top concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Isn't this like worrying about the crime epidemic in London? And rationally you would know unless you plan on going around areas where the police wear riot gear just to buy their lunch (like any major city anywhere in the UK? ) the vast majority of people go about their lives untouched by the "crime wave" the media keep telling us about? It's almost like knives & gangs only exist in the capital

Basically that it's a tiny % of a place you are going to and extremely unlikely to happen to anybody. Like so many things in life otherwise we would lock ourselves in our basements. Or as another possible statistical comparison, as likely as you going to London where you are hit on the head by the Trump baby blown off course by a sudden gust of hot air (well, they do usually float it outside Parliament ) and jumping up all bright eyed shouting "I've seen the light, I'm a Republican!!!"
    Crime doesn’t scare me I had two people threaten to kill me and stab me years ago so I’m aware knife crime is mainly someone you know they were bad neighbours who one then robbed my house and stole my independence. I’ve never lived alone since. But I didn’t get stabbed or die.

Coronavirus can do one. I’m hoping if I avoid sneezing people just in general I should be ok hey! We’ve all survived SARS and EBOLA we can do this xx

Page 3 of 384 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information