Page 30 of 384 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    So it's going to cause the Second Great Depression! Well that's just brilliant!
    Well that's just unfair, I was promised Brexit was going to do that. The Guardian and Independent will be well annoyed

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    Facebook stock is taking a dive after their latest earnings report. Also news broke of a settlement they have to pay Illinois residents $550 million for violating facial recognition laws. I might even be eligible for a couple hundred bucks in the class action lawsuit! :fingerscrossed:

Another US case of nCov is reporting to be almost completely recovered:. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nt/4622612002/

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Have you termed it nCov, jray? If so get it protected quick in case you can make a ton of money off the media for using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbear View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.v...avel-china-map

I found this quite useful. Remember the press like to sensationalise as do some people.
    Don't they just!

You know my 10 year old neighbour popped in earlier to tell me that there is a deadly illness going round the world and in China people are dropping dead in the streets. This is how harmful the media can be. I’ve no idea what her parents are telling her, they seem quite sensible and I did try to reassure her that there was nothing to worry about but I don’t think she believed me. Thankfully my 6yo didn’t really understand.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Have you termed it nCov, jray? If so get it protected quick in case you can make a ton of money off the media for using it.
    Haha no I can't take credit. It's actually the real name of the virus for now "nCov-2019" until they give it a real name. n stands for "novel", 2019 for the year it started

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

You know I've just been reading about the stats for flu related deaths in the UK. They average 600 annually but some are far worse e.g 2008/09 where over 13,000 died!!

Can you imagine the Daily Mail headline 'Coronavirus claims 13,000th victim'?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    You know my 10 year old neighbour popped in earlier to tell me that there is a deadly illness going round the world and in China people are dropping dead in the streets. This is how harmful the media can be. I’ve no idea what her parents are telling her, they seem quite sensible and I did try to reassure her that there was nothing to worry about but I don’t think she believed me. Thankfully my 6yo didn’t really understand.
    Good job you're not mischievous then and sneezed

It makes you wonder where they get it from. Chances are either an older sibling (or trouble maker) or overreactive parent? Maybe she just heard them talking and only got part of the conversation?

Did she pop around in a very matter of fact way as kids do when stating something bad is going on or was she upset?

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    You know I've just been reading about the stats for flu related deaths in the UK. They average 600 annually but some are far worse e.g 2008/09 where over 13,000 died!!

Can you imagine the Daily Mail headline 'Coronavirus claims 13,000th victim'?
    One year the media went crazy stating 50k deaths. But it was only because the ONS reported all winter deaths in one number so the media just took it as read it was flu. The NHS had to debunk it to stop the panic. So, in those 50k flu deaths would have been 'man with flu got run over by a car and died'.

Good job you're not mischievous then and sneezed

It makes you wonder where they get it from. Chances are either an older sibling (or trouble maker) or overreactive parent? Maybe she just heard them talking and only got part of the conversation?

Did she pop around in a very matter of fact way as kids do when stating something bad is going on or was she upset?

Her brother is ill with a fever and she came round to invite my daughter round. She said that we shouldn’t worry as he doesn’t have it! I assume it comes from other kids at school like Chinese (poor Chinese get the blame for everything ) whispers. She was matter of fact and didn’t seem too dramatic. I wonder if she’s terrified her brother into thinking he has it! I remember my sister telling me that people die of asthma (while I was having an attack)!! Siblings are the pits

One year the media went crazy stating 50k deaths. But it was only because the ONS reported all winter deaths in one number so the media just took it as read it was flu. The NHS had to debunk it to stop the panic. So, in those 50k flu deaths would have been 'man with flu got run over by a car and died'.
    Oh I see Terry, I did think it was high.

I've noticed North Korea haven't had any cases, that they're telling us anyway.

Page 30 of 384 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread Information