Page 311 of 384 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    ...and Chris Whitty has it ! The three of them together, doesn't seem that they have been that sensible with their own advice ;o) I think its very concerning that all three people with critical key roles have got this at the same time, I thought they'd be taking major care to not allow this to be possible.

I came on here to see if Kiko had been around at all ? I can see though that she hasn't been on for a week, I sure hope all is ok !
    I'm sure she has her work cut out for her.. but hoping for better news when she is able to come back online.

How are you coping, Carys?

...and Chris Whitty has it ! The three of them together, doesn't seem that they have been that sensible with their own advice ;o) I think its very concerning that all three people with critical key roles have got this at the same time, I thought they'd be taking major care to not allow this to be possible.

I came on here to see if Kiko had been around at all ? I can see though that she hasn't been on for a week, I sure hope all is ok !
    I was just thinking about Kiko, hope she is ok.

yes, all three at the same time! I do hope they don’t have a bad time of it

anxiety through the roof about this - worried about catching the worst strain of it

I would have thought such big hats are more exposed than many of us because they are in the presence of do many people everyday.

Agreed on Kiko. Hoping she is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    And now we have the great mouthpiece Khan telling everyone that London is plague central and banging on about mortuary capacity - as if those of us in London were not sufficiently going slowly insane with all this. Unbelievable ... and his pal Corbyn had the nerve to condemn the government of not holding to its spending plans with an "I told you so"... what's wrong with these people.
    Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's still "all about them" despite what is going on all around them. I think Corbyn has really shown what sort of person he really is and good riddance to him now.
    Oh yes Corbyn trying to justify buying up broadband would mean we had better resources for an event that has caught every country completely off guard. I wonder how much money we would have to pump into current measures if it had been flushed away already under him?

His mask has slipped on this one. Regardless of the mistakes of this government I'm glad we didn't have witness this fence sitter needing his advisors to tell him what to do and needing party member voting to decide on a strategy.

It's good to see businesses responding to all this finally. Now we have floor markings everywhere and additional staff to keep people directed.

Up to now I've been a despairing of the lack of a strategy they all follow and they all seemed so uncoordinated deciding on their own measures at a time that should be dictated to them from the government.

I hope that all of you are doing well. I am emotionally drained and trying to keep my anxiety in check is unbelievably difficult right now, as my husband is essential and has to continue to work. But, I think why I am emotionally drained is because I work in Human Resources and we are beginning to let people go. It is soul crushing from the time I wake up until I go to sleep. This is in addition to employees being exposed or isolating in case they may have the virus. I have been scheduling a walk outside every day which is working relatively well, but it is just so hard seeing no end in sight. It is hard not to think how long this may continue, how radically changed our landscape will be, and what this will do psychologically to people for years to come. I guess the one solace I feel is that we are all in this together. Any lights at the end of the tunnel you can share?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Very happy for you about that, Fishman.

It does now seem as if this whole rapid spread of CV in this country may very well have been self-inflicted in many ways, in terms of those who were previously (and still are to a certain extent) indifferent to the whole thing. Now even BoJo himself is having to face the music!!
    Thank you Lencoboy, though Dad staying in hossy would be preferable right now with this going on. I very much doubt he's going to be able to look after himself if he goes home and my brother doesn't seem keen on stepping in but then he's 67 himself.

When this virus kicked off I remember thinking to myself which country I'd like to be living in if it went to a pandemic and I thought Germany. Sadly that looks the right choice. The UK is so very Dad's Army in everything it does.

I stood in my back garden and looked up at the stars and just cried. Something like this puts things into perspective doesn't it? If I'm lucky to make it through this then I'm gonna look at life in a very different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    It’s worth remembering that of roughly 115,000 performed tests in the UK, under 15,000 have tested positive. So, roughly, 115,000 people with symptoms very suggestive of Covid-19 only 15,000 have been shown to actually have the disease.

This proves that even with very suggestive symptoms, you are still highly unlikely to have Covid-19.
    Yup. In my calm and rational moments I always think of this. I'm struggling tonight tho.

Page 311 of 384 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361 ... LastLast

Thread Information