Page 324 of 384 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I'm saying the fact that they committed suicide is sad. They didn't even have coronavirus, they were just scared of it
    Yeah, right. Even so, you know this thread or the entire forum is the last place to post such a negative disheartening story related to the virus.

Why on earth, would you post something like that on these forums, when members here suffer from all kinds of mental health issues? And it's not the first time you've done it either; which makes me highly suspicious of you, like you got some kind of agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by PanickyGuy View Post
    Yeah, right. Even so, you know this thread or the entire forum is the last place to post such a negative disheartening story related to the virus.

Why on earth, would you post something like that on these forums, when members here suffer from all kinds of mental health issues? And it's not the first time you've done it either; which makes me highly suspicious of you, like you got some kind of agenda.
    Highly suspicious of me?

So just because I posted a sad story -------> WITH A TRIGGER WARNING <------- that I was just genuinely saddened by and wanted to highlight how the hysteria surrounding this can affect people, you think I have some kind of agenda?

It's not even disheartening, it's not like I'm saying "these old people died from the virus so you will too", IT'S AN ISOLATED INCIDENT that I thought was sad. What part of that don't you understand?

And it's not the first time I've done it? What do you mean? I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. Go back and FACT CHECK before getting personal, because what I posted before was a list of links to news reports of young people dying from the flu, because other members were shocked that younger people have been dying from COVID-19, so I wanted to prove that even with the flu, younger people die.

I'd really like an apology.

Hard to argue with the reasons for their inclusion on a covidiots list. It could probably run into the hundreds...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...diots-far.html

I'm saying the fact that they committed suicide is sad. They didn't even have coronavirus, they were just scared of it
    There was a young woman in the UK who did the same that was in the news recently. Very sad.

I think they deserve as much attention and discussion on here as everyone else. We are on Misc not HA and we tend to discuss triggering topics on here...

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    I'm hoping that perhaps one bright side on the other end of all this is that there will be more widespread acknowledgement of mental health issues, as many "normal" people are very much indeed feeling anxious and will now have some semblance of understanding what others may go through on a daily basis.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Maybe. There is another problem though in that people will think increased levels of worry from stress are on a par with mental health disorders in the same way we have had many years of stigma about OCD because people think a bit of additional cleaning is anything like it.

One for the positive list: the air quality across the globe is getting so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    One for the positive list: the air quality across the globe is getting so much better.
    What's it like where you are, Blue? Around here it's like a quiet Sunday night with very few cars on the roads. I live near one of the A roads into my city and it's always very busy.

Maybe we will buy ourselves a bit of extra time to hit net zero?

People really are doing what has been asked of them. The shops, including big supermarkets, are empty. The streets are empty. I'm really surprised and it's a sign that aside from the endless negative image of society we see daily in the media the overall majority is good.

The number signing up to volunteer is amazing. Local groups are mobilising too e.g. our neighbourhood watch are helping old folks with essentials using a card system (must have been copied off the lady down south who came up with it).

Very quiet here, too, although you run into a handful of people at the big park across the road from us. Not sure about community efforts because work's been so busy I've been stuck indoors, but I do like the idea of giving our poor old planet a little break.

Highly suspicious of me?

So just because I posted a sad story -------> WITH A TRIGGER WARNING <------- that I was just genuinely saddened by and wanted to highlight how the hysteria surrounding this can affect people, you think I have some kind of agenda?
    It's morbid like some of the other negative crap you posted before and you know it.

It's not even disheartening, it's not like I'm saying "these old people died from the virus so you will too", IT'S AN ISOLATED INCIDENT that I thought was sad. What part of that don't you understand?
    It's negative and depressing. What part of not posting negative crap like that you don't understand?

And it's not the first time I've done it? What do you mean? I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. Go back and FACT CHECK before getting personal, because what I posted before was a list of links to news reports of young people dying from the flu, because other members were shocked that younger people have been dying from COVID-19, so I wanted to prove that even with the flu, younger people die.
    No you posted other negative anxiety inducing stories besides that on this thread, in which the mods had to delete. But keep on virtue signaling about yourself. I like to see how many people you tend to try and fool.

I'd really like an apology.
    Last edited by PanickyGuy; 31-03-20 at 05:20.

Quote Originally Posted by PanickyGuy View Post
    It's morbid like some of the other negative crap you posted before and you know it.

It's negative and depressing. What part of not posting negative crap like that you don't understand?

No you posted other negative anxiety inducing stories besides that on this thread, in which the mods had to delete. But keep on virtue signaling about yourself. I like to see how many people you tend to try and fool.

So we're in the middle of a pandemic, with most countries on lockdown, and you want to ignore real life because it's too negative for you?

As Terry stated, we're in the misc section, where world issues are discussed

And yes, the post that you're referring to is the list of flu cases. The mods deleted and then restored upon realising that they'd made a mistake

But please, do continue to bury your head in the sand! You stomping your feet won't change reality

Page 324 of 384 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374 ... LastLast

Thread Information