Page 334 of 384 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I might be dumb but can lift heavy things
    Having travelled in many countries what countries does bubonic exit.
    I have been to Trumps(Shit House) Africa and I hadn’t heard of it there.
    https://www.who.int/health-topics/plague#tab=tab_1

Thanks PM
    During my travels in Rwanda,Congo and Ethiopia I was NEVER informed of this.
    Thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Thanks PM
    During my travels in Rwanda,Congo and Ethiopia I was NEVER informed of this.
    Thank you .
    TBH with treatment it 'only' affords something like a 10% risk of fatality as commonly-available antibiotics like streptomycin kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Did you observe the full year of Shiva for your mother?
    At the time she took ill and passed, we were just coming out of my wife's illness. She had been in the hospital for three months and home for a couple of weeks when my Mom went into hospice care. My wife had to have surgery and was home just a day when my sister called and said it was time. I got her as comfortable as I could and we drove up to see her and say our goodbyes. We saw her New Years Eve, sat with her for the morning and afternoon (she was not aware, drugged and unconscious) said our goodbyes and drove home. She passed early on New Years Day. The funeral was the next weekend and we sat Shiva for a couple days with family and friends before returning home again. After that I was totally pre-occupied with caring for my wife as she was severely cognitively impaired and on a plethora of meds I had to regulate. The reality of her passing really didn't hit me until a year later. We did gather at my sister's house to celebrate her life.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_dan View Post
    Firstly, I'm very sorry you are feeling this way. Secondly, please go careful with social media. Others here have mentioned Daily Mail / Sun / Express ect but for me personally Twitter has been the number 1 culprit for severe anxiety-inducing info.

Regarding your fears about lockdown, I find it helps to try to re-frame this. By having a strict lockdown, we are protecting the general public and helping reduce the collective load on hospitals.

It may also help you to remember that lockdown is not a black & white situation. In other words - we won't be in 100% lockdown for many months then suddenly one day all the restrictions are lifted. This is better thought of as a progressive phasing in and phasing out of restrictions.

All of the data from Italy, China, and other countries indicate that once a country goes into lockdown - there is a 3-4 week delay before we see the benefits of the lockdown. In other words- cases and sadly deaths, will increase for a few weeks, but then start to level off.

My understanding is that in Italy, the number of new cases has actually been falling since March 26th.

Once those case numbers come down to a manageable level, the government reviews the data and may be able to lift some of the more severe lockdown restrictions.
    Yeah I’ve been looking at the data with other places. It’s just really hard to gage it here (I’m in guernsey) we have 91 cases, but the way they are testing is through contacted tracing. There’s only been 3 people in hospital and they weren’t in icu. Most the case were found in a care home so the data is a bit random here. It’s hard to tell how many cases we could actually have and how severe it could get. They said 14-28 days but everyone is saying longer. It’s just really terrifying not knowing when I’ll see the people I love again. I think it’s the uncertainty more than anything if they could give a definite date then I would have something to look forward to but that’s now how it works. Tbh all I wanna go do is visit my boyfriend, I don’t care about shops and restaurants etc just the people I miss (which I know I have to keep safe).Its just sad I can’t even have a hug if I want one. My birthday is in May and people just keep asking me about sending money instead and it’s depressing me.

Dan, my mum will be 85 this year and I haven't seen my parents since October - they were due to visit and then all this blew up. My dad (84 this year) tends to get pneumonia every couple of years, and if I spend too much time thinking about things I'm petrified I'll never see him again.

Yep my grandma is 88 and lives in an assisted living facility. I’ve been calling her frequently to check in. She’s doing well and although she doesn’t 100% understand the extent of why we can’t come visit her, she’s just grateful to hear from us when we call.

Very sorry to read about your Great Uncle, AntsyVee. However much death is expected, it still comes as a shock, and in these strange times it must be especially difficult.

I'm finding that not being able to see family is one of the hardest things about all this, particularly as we don't know when we'll be able to see them again. I'm sure that probably goes for most or all of us. Blue - it must be really hard having not seen your parents for a while and I do hope you'll get to catch up with them before too long. I agree that the "what ifs" are awful and I try not to think about them too much. Easier said than done.

I hope that this horrible time we're all going through will lift soon, and I think a silver lining, if there is one, is that things are really put into perspective. I certainly took things for granted that I don't now.

Anyway, love to all, and a socially-distanced virtual hug to anyone that needs one x

My parents are both in their 80s and have been distanced at home for nearly a month. I live 100 miles away and haven't seen them since Christmas now - we were locked down as I was about go up there to see them. They have a good support network - my brother, nephew and two very kindly neighbours - and I chip in with a 'keeping up morale' phone call every day and just to see if they need anything doing like paying bills online or some such. They are more worried about me being down here in London .... but we have to just KBO! Something their generation can deal with provided I can keep them from watching the apocalyptic news feeds from the BBC.

We are all nevertheless 'crawling the walls' with the frustration of not knowing how long this is going to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat99 View Post
    I keep reading comments on social media of people saying this lockdown will probably last 3 months. I’m a week in and already feel like I can’t take it anymore. Only staying home and seeing the surrounding areas on my walk is doing my head in. Nothing feels normal anymore I just want some normality back. I really don’t think I can cope with this for 12 weeks I’m already feeling suicidal.
    You have to take whatever you see on social media with a pinch of salt, as there are many people who simply post any old baloney in pursuit of attention and to provoke reactions, though of course there can be genuine and perfectly legit stuff too.

I also really hope our lockdown here in England doesn't go on for 3 months (or more), but if that ends up being the case, we unfortunately have no choice but to simply accept it and co-operate with the authorities in the meantime.

Page 334 of 384 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344 ... LastLast

Thread Information