Page 346 of 384 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_dan View Post
    I guess all I can do is try to remember that I had a mask and gloves on the whole time I was inside the hospital - the only way the infection could "get me" is if somehow it is able to stay in the air longer than we realise or through hospital air vents .. or if somehow it could get in through my ears or eyes.
    This is perfect, AD. Just keep repeating this to yourself. I totally understand the fear but even being in the same room with others there’s a strong chance you won’t contract it. No one was close enough to you and you were given the proper PPE while you waited.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Update: so the nurse who took care of my great uncle before he died is out of the ICU and on the mend . My uncle and aunt, while testing positive, have had mild symptoms and have gotten to stay out of the hospital. Whew. Burial on Thursday.
    So pleased to hear that good news. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I mean we've all said things like that when angry at siblings etc but not often

I know it's catastrophising but now I feel like I'm doomed to get it
    Again, anxiety. I felt like that on Saturday after a panic attack. I had a long chat on the phone with my sister and did some relaxation. Try something similar.

Doing ok across the pond - dread leaving my “safe space” to go to work every day but just trying to really focus on the things that are within my control like washing hands and not touching my face. Everything else is outside my control so I do my best to not dwell on it. It’s definitely tough!! I’m really hoping the mental practices I use now will help me with my HA problems once this is done and moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_dan View Post
    Thanks v much for the re-assurances glassgirlw. Yes it's my health anxiety going into overdrive for sure. As other people I know have pointed out - I don't have the same fear of going to the supermarket, where there are hundreds of people. I'm still very worried I've "somehow" got it, but I guess all of us here could say that. I hope you're doing ok over where you are. On a more positive note, I do see there are some early signs that lockdown measures are reducing the number of new cases in multiple countries now.
    I’m feeling similar to you right now. I’m pregnant and had to go to my antenatal clinic this morning for a diabetes test that required me to be there for around 2 hours. I was extremely nervous going in. All medical staff were wearing PPE and all pregnant ladies were screened before we were allowed to enter (do you have symptoms etc). I had to sit for 2 hours between blood tests and there were plenty of people walking past me (in PPE) so now I’m completely terrified that I’ve been exposed and that I’ll become ill in the next couple of weeks. I’m now 28 weeks pregnant so my lungs are more squished and less likely to be able to cope with the extent of this virus. Cue me envisioning myself needing ventilation in ICU.

I am definitely struggling with my HA again - have had some digestive issues and currently have something funky going on in my throat. I have a cough and feel like stuff needs to be expelled from my throat. I am also experiencing some chest pain and am hoping that's just anxiety. No fever, thankfully, and I'm checking religiously. Throat's a little sore but maybe that's from the coughing?

I want to schedule a virtual doctor's appointment but that's a struggle for me because I feel like they can't do much for me unless in person anyway. I'm thinking maybe allergies but allergies are a new experience for me so I can't say for sure. I just wish I could be sure that I'm not ill with this virus and that it's not something else like bronchitis as I have a history of developing that.

I have an inhaler that I was given last year (still good) when I got sick with bronchitis so I've been using that a bit.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I am definitely struggling with my HA again - have had some digestive issues and currently have something funky going on in my throat. I have a cough and feel like stuff needs to be expelled from my throat. I am also experiencing some chest pain and am hoping that's just anxiety. No fever, thankfully, and I'm checking religiously. Throat's a little sore but maybe that's from the coughing?

I want to schedule a virtual doctor's appointment but that's a struggle for me because I feel like they can't do much for me unless in person anyway. I'm thinking maybe allergies but allergies are a new experience for me so I can't say for sure. I just wish I could be sure that I'm not ill with this virus and that it's not something else like bronchitis as I have a history of developing that.

I have an inhaler that I was given last year (still good) when I got sick with bronchitis so I've been using that a bit.
    Well usually with allergies, we get itchy eyes or post-nasal drip, sneezing, clear to yellow mucus, and it feels like our sinuses are inflamed because of tree pollination, weed pollination, etc. With some people, all that mucus/crude (bacteria) can get into the lungs and the digestive tract and cause nausea. I'm not a doctor, but that has been my experience; especially with sinusitis - I get that from time to time.

I know no one can be sure of anything but does anyone have an idea of how long do you think corona virus symptoms last ?

The reason I ask if I have had a bad cough for almost 1 month now and still can’t shift it - it’s exactly like how they describe corona - dry and my chest is killing me feels like an elephant sitting on it .

I did feel shivery and feverish a month ago when it all began so self isolated for 14 days butt that quickly went away but this awful cough has not shifted and I am worried.i don’t want to bother nhs 111 as there are people far worse off than me .

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Doing ok across the pond - dread leaving my “safe space” to go to work every day but just trying to really focus on the things that are within my control like washing hands and not touching my face. Everything else is outside my control so I do my best to not dwell on it. It’s definitely tough!! I’m really hoping the mental practices I use now will help me with my HA problems once this is done and moving forward.
    Just from observation that includes some on this forum, when placed in a feared situation, they dealt with it and came out stronger in the end. Many have recovered for all intents and purposes.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Just from observation that includes some on this forum, when placed in a feared situation, they dealt with it and came out stronger in the end. Many have recovered for all intents and purposes.

Positive thoughts
    This is my hope.

I’d love to get to the point someday where I don’t have to avoid triggering news stories and articles to keep myself in check. Baby steps I suppose.

Page 346 of 384 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356 ... LastLast

Thread Information