Page 348 of 384 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_dan View Post
    Sorry to hear you're struggling also.

To answer your question - I was admitted for chest pain so they did an ECG, listened to my lungs and a temperature check. They all came back "normal" - and they think I just have a chest infection.

The main part of my visit that I'm mentally torturing myself over is when i was told to wait in the "red zone" - where they put all the suspected covid-19 patients. It wasn't too bad at first, but i heard a woman behind a curtain next to me wheezing for breath, then a man walked in and started really coughing loudly.. I panicked so much I asked to leave and they took me to a different area of the hospital.

I was given a mask and wore gloves ect... but I keep reading all this stuff about how the generic masks don't offer full protection ect. So now i'm coughing my immediate thought is "great... its starting" (even though i've had a sore throat for 3 weeks!!!)

Anyway. I'm sorry to outpour all these thoughts on here because I doubt it's helping anyone. I just don't know how to calm down right now.

Murphy - how long have you been struggling to sleep?
    So your lungs sounded normal but they think you may have a chest infection? Were no bloods taken which would show up an infection? What about antibiotics to treat this chest infection?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Any good news for today?
    It's going to be warm in the South East today!

Morning everybody

Can anybody please advise on the following......been pretty yuk since around Friday 27 March, maybe before - the hot chest, neck, throat, grumbling cough, eventually self isolated on advice 111. Found during the week or so later that I was sleeping much more than usual, most of day as well as night, the cough much more husky, the throat and back sore and hot, neck hot and stiff, and a truly stuffy head and ears, a horrible headache. Have been taking sinutabs, lots water, piriton, cough medicine.....

Found the evenings difficult - just suddenly get sense of steam roller knocking me down, totally floored and off to bed I go, generally about 8, stayed up to watch Liar on Monday and it wiped me out.

Yesterday felt much better, was able to take the dog for short walk, sit and read in fresh air for an hour in the afternoon. Didn't get any naps, but at 7pm, had prepared tea, but didn't get round to cooking it, that damn steam roller arrived and I was floored again, took myself off to bed and have slept for around 9hrs.

How do I get beyond this? Hubbie said I need to ring GP but I don't want to bother him as even if I have had coronavirus I can manage the other stuff with medication, but this steam roller effect at the end of the day makes me feel so totally out of it, I just literally crawl to bed. This is really what I would like to know - is it normal recovery? and what can I do to lessen the feeling that I won't actually get up again!

Thank you. Hope you all get some reprise today, and enjoy the sunshine.

So basically after the various examinations (ecg, temperature, listening to breathing via stethoscope ect), the doctor said she would not subject me to a blood test at that stage - (this has to be put into context that I was suffering high anxiety). She told me that given I've had a sore throat for 2-3 weeks that the chest pain may be related to my body fighting off a virus. That was how it was phrased. So to be fair, it's me using the specific term "chest infection"

Do you mind me asking why you are asking this? Do you think they should have insisted on me having bloods taken?
    You’ve had atypical chest pain, meaning that they’re not sure of the reason but they know it’s nothing dangerous due to your ECG and other examinations. The whole “your body is fighting off an infection” thing sounds to me like a bit of a “we need to tell him something”.

They probably don’t think there’s anything whatsoever wrong with you but knew you’d want some form of explanation. Carrying out blood tests would have been keeping you there longer than required, taking them away from other patients and of course unnecessarily cranking up your anxiety levels.

Quote Originally Posted by DL45 View Post
    Morning everybody

Can anybody please advise on the following......been pretty yuk since around Friday 27 March, maybe before - the hot chest, neck, throat, grumbling cough, eventually self isolated on advice 111. Found during the week or so later that I was sleeping much more than usual, most of day as well as night, the cough much more husky, the throat and back sore and hot, neck hot and stiff, and a truly stuffy head and ears, a horrible headache. Have been taking sinutabs, lots water, piriton, cough medicine.....

Found the evenings difficult - just suddenly get sense of steam roller knocking me down, totally floored and off to bed I go, generally about 8, stayed up to watch Liar on Monday and it wiped me out.

Yesterday felt much better, was able to take the dog for short walk, sit and read in fresh air for an hour in the afternoon. Didn't get any naps, but at 7pm, had prepared tea, but didn't get round to cooking it, that damn steam roller arrived and I was floored again, took myself off to bed and have slept for around 9hrs.

How do I get beyond this? Hubbie said I need to ring GP but I don't want to bother him as even if I have had coronavirus I can manage the other stuff with medication, but this steam roller effect at the end of the day makes me feel so totally out of it, I just literally crawl to bed. This is really what I would like to know - is it normal recovery? and what can I do to lessen the feeling that I won't actually get up again!

Thank you. Hope you all get some reprise today, and enjoy the sunshine.
    If you are ill then you need to rest. Your body is fighting infection & so you need to let it.
    So just go with it. Rest, drink, eat well and just try and relax yourself too. Hope you feel better soon.

I think that's probably a fair assessment Gary. The main problem right now is doctors cannot see you face to face or examine you directly - so anything like "chest pain" - they are probably duty bound to tell you to go to hospital (to cover their own backs). And "hospital" means a&e, and a&e means you'll be asked if you've had anything even resembling a sore throat and as soon as you say "yes" to this - off you go to the quarantined area. It's a quick conveyer belt.

My honest gut feeling is I think I have the same virus my family do - involving throat and chest pain. It's not a nice bug, and definitely feeling genuinely ill so it cannot all be put down to health anxiety - but I think it's fair to say anxiety is no doubt adding to this and making me feel even worse.

That being said - I can see a lot of people here are struggling and worried. I think it's just a really difficult time for everyone and I'm very grateful this forum is here.
    It honestly sounds a bit like acid reflux to me but there’s no point in speculating too much.

The main thing here is that you were checked, you displayed none of the classic symptoms of COVID-19 and your vitals were fine. You were essentially given a pat on the head and told to go home.

Other people would have rejoiced at this and they weren’t so lucky. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but please try to look at the positives here rather than over dwelling on the negatives.

Covid-19 might be new but trust me, these doctors and nurses are very well versed on what to look for, you would not have been sent on your merry way if they even had a shred of suspicion that you are carrying this infection. It would go against everything that they’re being told to do right now.

Again, try to relax, realise that you’ve had a bit of a scare but you’ve been checked and you’re fine. Others, unfortunately, are nowhere near as lucky as you.

So basically after the various examinations (ecg, temperature, listening to breathing via stethoscope ect), the doctor said she would not subject me to a blood test at that stage - (this has to be put into context that I was suffering high anxiety). She told me that given I've had a sore throat for 2-3 weeks that the chest pain may be related to my body fighting off a virus. That was how it was phrased. So to be fair, it's me using the specific term "chest infection"

Do you mind me asking why you are asking this? Do you think they should have insisted on me having bloods taken?
    They also would have given you antibiotics if they believed you had a chest infection. You would be coughing up mucus, most likely coloured.

I've been having awful acid reflux and am wondering if that is where my cough is coming from. Would like to schedule a virtual appointment to ask my doc about it and if there are any medications that would help but getting an appointment is difficult.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Yes, I had to switch doctors last fall as my previous (awesome) one retired and my new office is apparently offering virtual visits. I've only been there once though but I'll probably give them a call.

It's rough not being able to just go to the doctor. I'd prefer, obviously, to have someone listen to me and my lungs and I wish rapid tests were more readily available. I'm not only worried about this virus; I have a history of getting a cold that turns into bronchitis or walking pneumonia and I'd feel better knowing that isn't happening either.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    Yes, I had to switch doctors last fall as my previous (awesome) one retired and my new office is apparently offering virtual visits. I've only been there once though but I'll probably give them a call.

It's rough not being able to just go to the doctor. I'd prefer, obviously, to have someone listen to me and my lungs and I wish rapid tests were more readily available. I'm not only worried about this virus; I have a history of getting a cold that turns into bronchitis or walking pneumonia and I'd feel better knowing that isn't happening either.
    I suffer periodically from acid reflux, brought on by either physical or mental stress, and it is often accompanied by a cough - this is quite common with reflux. Acid irritates the throat and oesophagus often spurring the cough reflex. Once you calm down and relax it will start to subside. Have been like this myself for the last two weeks being stuck at home with the underlying anxiety issues which we are all having to cope with. Don't know what they sell in the US by way of acid reflux medication, but I always find a few doses of Gaviscon normally helps it settle.

Page 348 of 384 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358 ... LastLast

Thread Information