Page 35 of 384 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

I know, I’m a nightmare for reading Daily Mail
    I'm glad you realise you only have yourself to blame for partaking in this 'news' outlet (although they weren't considered a newspaper again until recently were they?) lol The Daily Fail thrives on stoking fear, health fears are their greatest fascination, but anything will generally do to get their readership worked up into Don't do it, its bad for you. I can generally instantly tell a DM reader if I meet them in person, and we are discussing any current affairs

I think reading the Daily Fail/Heil is as bad for your mental health as consulting Dr Google. I'm sure the Priory Group will soon promote a therapy to aid people who can't resist the lure of said tabloid's dubious "charms"..at a price of course!

Kirbear, stay calm and read this thread instead of other unhelpful "news" outlets? There is no point in asking for trouble

It's because both people and the news media don't really understand how to interpret statistics. Is it like the flu? Sort of. That makes the flu both serious (half a million die a year) and not serious (.1% fatality rate) at the same time.

The goal with all of these travel bans is to prevent having another, slightly more severe, widespread illness that can't be controlled. Is it possible to control ncov at this point? We don't know. That's what these bans are trying to accomplish. I think it's the right way to go. Will it be the end of the world if ncov becomes a widespread global disease? No. But it will be a better world if it doesn't.

So when the CDC (Centers for Disease Control, the primary health agency in the USA) says they are preparing for a pandemic, it just means they are pulling out all of the stops to try and control this thing. It does not mean we're all doomed.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

And I might add that while each day brings new highs in sheer numbers for new cases and deaths, the growth percentage has been slightly dropping. 10-14 days ago the number of cases was doubling every 1.7 days, now it is over 3 days to double.

Of course that also relies on accurate numbers being reported, which we don't really know.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

They think there is a case of the virus a few hours away from where we live. Waiting on the test results. My husband wants to take our daughter out of public school and have me homeschool her. I honestly dont know if I could do it! Shes very uhhh ADD and I think it will be a difficult task. I don't wanna be crazy and over react about the virus being near us but in this case i feel like it's better safe then sorry. I dont know what to do. She has a hard time with bullies in school and she doesnt really like it, but there are opportunities she cant get at home. Like she takes piano lessons at school. I'm so lost

They think there is a case of the virus a few hours away from where we live. Waiting on the test results. My husband wants to take our daughter out of public school and have me homeschool her.
    No. Not a good idea. Firstly it'll teach your daughter that there is something to fear (which there isn't) secondly, its your husband being paranoid, thirdly, she will miss out on being in school. Fourthly, how on earth can you at the drop of a hat start home education which takes planning and considerable resources, fifthly......if there is case they will be isolated. I could go on.....

Well the virus being close is icing on the cake really. She hates going to school because kids are all mean to her and she struggles with some subjects. Plus, the state we live in is trying to pass extreme laws that we dont agree with. She rides an hour each way to school on the bus. She came home singing a popy song about sex that she said they learned in gym class. Shes 10!

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    NO idea who CDC are - but I tell you this, the attitude of your leader to this, and the US in general (not you personally), has provoked panic in your people. Right, I've just deleted my following comments - as we've all been avoiding politics for the main LOL

What I find laughable about all this flu stuff, is that the same panic doesn't appear to be possible for Climate Change, which is probably going to be what gets us all in the not too distant future (especially when there are climate deniers in charge).

Snowygreen, do you know I thought that when I first saw the picture - ummmm - the driver/hazmat guy (not good optics) ? Then I read later on that the drivers had volunteered and chosen to not wear anything protective. They got 2 weeks off full pay after this little jaunt - no wonder they were all offering LOL !
    Center for Disease Control as seen in many US movies.

Climate Change?!!! Speak for yourself. I plan on dying at the stick of my private yet having a heart attack with a model on my lap aged 105!

So they gave the blokes 2 weeks paid leave...just enough time to cover the flu?

Terry, why would you want a 105 year old model on your lap?

He lusts after Carol Vorderman

Page 35 of 384 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread Information