Page 351 of 384 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Having just watched this clip it's even clearer to me now that the virus had reached these shores long before we started hearing about it in the media. I strongly suspect most if not all of our governments knew about it and yet still allowed air travel to continue back and forth to China. After all, the likes of us are just pawns in their game of chess. I wonder if they're happy now.
    Well your leader ended up getting it...so hows that for blowback?

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    According to ABC news, they did, and apparently the Trump administration was warned about it:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/inte...ry?id=70031273
    I knew it! I bloody knew it and this has just confirmed it. I am shaking with anger now at how the bloody Chinese covered this up, and how our governments screwed up their responses to it. Remember the film "Jaws"? They should've closed the damn beaches and they didn't, and now innocent people are dying in their thousands. People need to go to prison for this and China needs punishing!

There have now been several tests that show a significant number of people have/had covid-19 without ever knowing.

While that is good news in terms of coming back to a "normal society" sooner than later, I do not agree that it makes covid-19 "less dangerous" or "more similar" of a CFR to the flu. There are plenty of flu cases that never get counted, never test positive either. You can't compare all cases of one vs. confirmed cases only of the other.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post
    I knew it! I bloody knew it and this has just confirmed it. I am shaking with anger now at how the bloody Chinese covered this up, and how our governments screwed up their responses to it. Remember the film "Jaws"? They should've closed the damn beaches and they didn't, and now innocent people are dying in their thousands. People need to go to prison for this and China needs punishing!
    Japan is now offering financial stimulus to companies who pull their manufacturing out of China. I hope, but don't expect, other countries do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    There have now been several tests that show a significant number of people have/had covid-19 without ever knowing.

While that is good news in terms of coming back to a "normal society" sooner than later, I do not agree that it makes covid-19 "less dangerous" or "more similar" of a CFR to the flu. There are plenty of flu cases that never get counted, never test positive either. You can't compare all cases of one vs. confirmed cases only of the other.

But here’s what I don’t understand. If it’s been here for months, why are we seeing so many in critical care and dying now?

Had a TV which was delivered into the hallway yesterday. Both of the delivery drivers kept their distance and the door was open all the time keeping fresh air coming in. They also both was wearing masks.

As soon as they left i went to shut the front door.

But i am worried i walked soon after where they were. Can i breath in their air particles and get it? Neither of them coughed and was in the hallway 2-3 mins max taking a few photos.

This situation is driving me mad :(

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    But here’s what I don’t understand. If it’s been here for months, why are we seeing so many in critical care and dying now?
    It’s possible that it’s been here longer and any hospital admissions and deaths were put down to other causes like pneumonia and influenza. Remember that December/January is smack bang in the middle of flu season.

There wasn’t even a viable test for Covid-19 until mid January.

Quote Originally Posted by BigOldDrive View Post
    Had a TV which was delivered into the hallway yesterday. Both of the delivery drivers kept their distance and the door was open all the time keeping fresh air coming in. They also both was wearing masks.

As soon as they left i went to shut the front door.

But i am worried i walked soon after where they were. Can i breath in their air particles and get it? Neither of them coughed and was in the hallway 2-3 mins max taking a few photos.

This situation is driving me mad :(
    No, the virus is spread by droplets from sneezes and coughs. If they were wearing masks and didn’t cough or sneeze in your house you will be fine. Did they wear gloves? I usually wipe down any delivery boxes with Dettol wipes just to be sure but I’d say you’d be absolutely fine from this encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    It’s possible that it’s been here longer and any hospital admissions and deaths were put down to other causes like pneumonia and influenza. Remember that December/January is smack bang in the middle of flu season.

There wasn’t even a viable test for Covid-19 until mid January.
    Which would raise a question about whether we have seen any unusual patterns in hospital admissions and deaths during those months. It would also raise a question about why we have a clear trend line now that is putting the NHS under tremendous pressure when we might have all been wandering around with it for months before testing started. Aside from it mutating into a strain that started causing problems it wouldn't make any sense to be part way through an outbreak where the numbers started low.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Which would raise a question about whether we have seen any unusual patterns in hospital admissions and deaths during those months. It would also raise a question about why we have a clear trend line now that is putting the NHS under tremendous pressure when we might have all been wandering around with it for months before testing started. Aside from it mutating into a strain that started causing problems it wouldn't make any sense to be part way through an outbreak where the numbers started low.
    Influenza in particular is so variable each year that it would probably be quite difficult to say that any year is “unusual”. If memory serves me right, there was a seasonal high of 27,000 deaths roughly ten years ago to a seasonal low of 1800 deaths, I think, in 2014.

Obviously we won’t know until antibody testing is rolled out but I honestly believe that there was a very high number of infections in the UK probably by at least mid January.

Also keep in mind that there’s probably quite a high proportion of deaths that were not caused directly by Covid-19, it’s just people happened to die with it after testing positive.

It’s going to be some task for whoever has to end up crunching the numbers.

Page 351 of 384 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361 ... LastLast

Thread Information