Page 352 of 384 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    But here’s what I don’t understand. If it’s been here for months, why are we seeing so many in critical care and dying now?
    I don't think these studies mean that it has necessarily been here for several months, just that it spreads quite a bit quickly, and many of us may have had it already.

If that's true, and if simply "having it" precludes a person from catching it again, that would be the best scenario. We don't know any of that for sure yet though.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I think the comments made above are all valid. Fact is, this is new. We're learning more every day, there are several sides to every story and the dynamics are changing day to day and hour to hour.

Sadly, we live in a time where for the most part, we're left to our own devices. What we choose to believe, how we react and adapt to a stressful and very fluid situation may indeed dictate and define our future.

I still believe this thing has been around for ages in some shape or form. Its just now evolved and we're seeing the results. Mother Nature is by far the most creative energies in the Universe for sure! Did you see that story about a Zebra and a Donkey mating? The Zebra mom gave birth to a Zonkey! I see this COVID-19 thing in a similar light. It shares similarities to MERS and SARS as well.

Anyway.... it still comes down to how we deal with the reality of the situation. From what we currently know, this virus is the definition of indiscriminate. Young, old, healthy or not. It doesn't care about gender, political beliefs or religion (although Boomers, especially those with pre-existing conditions, are affected more) . Realistically, it will be several more months until they find a universally effective treatment and a year or more for a vaccine so like it or not, things are and will be different moving forward. Everyone is different in how they'll handle it but we will. What other choice do we have?

Stay strong, practice good hygiene and as always....

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 12-04-20 at 18:25.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    I don't think these studies mean that it has necessarily been here for several months, just that it spreads quite a bit quickly, and many of us may have had it already.

If that's true, and if simply "having it" precludes a person from catching it again, that would be the best scenario. We don't know any of that for sure yet though.

Most epidemiologists agree that contracting Covid-19 will give immunity for around a year, as that’s generally the case with other coronaviruses. Of course, a virus being a virus it’ll most likely mutate from season to season so this further pushes the idea that we really need a vaccine that evolves with the virus, much like influenza.

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    Japan is now offering financial stimulus to companies who pull their manufacturing out of China. I hope, but don't expect, other countries do the same.

Good on Japan I say. I think we've only started learning the truth about this virus since our own scientists have had the chance to study it. Because I don't believe a word the Chinese authorities say. And I'm not saying Chinese people here, I'm saying their government. I also don't believe their death toll. 3000+ in 1.4 billion? And the wet markets are up and running again, if they ever did shut.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Good on Japan I say. I think we've only started learning the truth about this virus since our own scientists have had the chance to study it. Because I don't believe a word the Chinese authorities say. And I'm not saying Chinese people here, I'm saying their government. I also don't believe their death toll. 3000+ in 1.4 billion? And the wet markets are up and running again, if they ever did shut.
    I don’t believe their claim of just over 3000 either. I did until, like all of us, started seeing how quickly the death toll rises when this virus gets a foothold.

I wouldn’t deal with them at all in future, the way they handled this from the get go is, frankly, disgusting. How are we supposed to trust any figure coming from a ruling body that attempted to silence dedicated professionals who could have stopped this virus in its tracks?

The Chinese government have a lot of blood on their hands right now, and there’s no reason whatsoever that they shouldn’t be held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post
    I knew it! I bloody knew it and this has just confirmed it. I am shaking with anger now at how the bloody Chinese covered this up, and how our governments screwed up their responses to it. Remember the film "Jaws"? They should've closed the damn beaches and they didn't, and now innocent people are dying in their thousands. People need to go to prison for this and China needs punishing!
    My God, are we trying to start a war!?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    My God, are we trying to start a war!?
    Sorry to disappoint you, Frank but no..There are other ways which don't involve bloodshed.

Oh, undeniably, but tensions are virtually at breaking point, if I'm not mistaken!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Oh, undeniably, but tensions are virtually at breaking point, if I'm not mistaken!
    I don’t know about breaking point, but I do think that other countries are doing their own research and coming up with questions. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think that if China have covered up then questions should be asked. It doesn’t mean a war, it’s just questions.

The 3000 - odd figure is only as far as I know the data for the Wuhan area ... haven't seen any data for the rest of China apart from the small accumulation of new cases brought back into China by their own citizens returning from Europe. Looks like its turning full circle - virus spread out and the spread back in again.

It's probably easier to contain a province or an island - New Zealand is a good example - if lockdown is enforced from the get go as the Chinese state did and stop the spread abruptly. However, globalism and unrestricted international travel, plus an unwillingness by the western governments to adopt similar measures - including closing borders, stopping all movement in and out - has resulted in the chaos we are now enduring. Rather a Pandora's Box situation ... lets just hope the small winged Hope is still sitting in that box.

Page 352 of 384 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362 ... LastLast

Thread Information