Page 373 of 384 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I would say "watch the figures", especially after the vague, woolly waffle that Johnson just came out with on the telly - and of course, the widespread flouting of the rules that is already occurring. It's a huge pity we've had such glorious weather since the Lockdown In Name Only was announced - a proper British spring of rain and cold would have been far better!

I so want to be wrong on this, believe me - but I see this going badly wrong over the next few weeks as people adopt a laissez-faire attitude. The subliminal messaging of the new slogans, using "green for go" will contribute to this.
    Some of the countries that have reduced lockdown have had to rethink their rules. Maybe we’ll have to. It seems like every most countries are relaxing the strict rules in some way.

We have to have a bit of hope, and maybe this is us starting to move in the right direction. I choose to think positively because wallowing in gloom doesn’t help anyone.

I would say "watch the figures", especially after the vague, woolly waffle that Johnson just came out with on the telly - and of course, the widespread flouting of the rules that is already occurring. It's a huge pity we've had such glorious weather since the Lockdown In Name Only was announced - a proper British spring of rain and cold would have been far better!

I so want to be wrong on this, believe me - but I see this going badly wrong over the next few weeks as people adopt a laissez-faire attitude. The subliminal messaging of the new slogans, using "green for go" will contribute to this.
    You can still choose to protect yourself and stay in. Others may not have that option. In my view it's still a softly, softly approach

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Some of the countries that have reduced lockdown have had to rethink their rules. Maybe we’ll have to. It seems like every most countries are relaxing the strict rules in some way.

We have to have a bit of hope, and maybe this is us starting to move in the right direction. I choose to think positively because wallowing in gloom doesn’t help anyone.
    I agree, Scass and nothing is set in stone. Rules mean nothing unless they are adhered to obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You can still choose to protect yourself and stay in. Others may not have that option. In my view it's still a softly, softly approach
    I can, but I have a problem (who doesn't, these days?). I am self-employed and ineligible for any of the Government schemes which it seems, are about to be withdrawn anyway. So I am living off what's in the company bank account; it still has a way to go but at some point it will become unsustainable. I have to be able to pay the accountants to make up the books for 2019-2020 at some future time, which is not cheap. I can then hope that either work in my field returns with appropriate safety measures in place, or I can take more drastic action in winding the company up, then taking a heavily-discounted pension from a former employer and stay within my four walls. I'd rather not do the latter, but I may have to.

I think I have to agree with Pamplemousse. That broadcast has muddied the waters even further and the fact it's been rejected by Scotland, Wales and N Ireland says more than I ever could. 268 new deaths, 3923 new cases today.

I feel we are back in herd immunity territory again, only this time they know what we're heading for, but will continue nonetheless.

I can, but I have a problem (who doesn't, these days?). I am self-employed and ineligible for any of the Government schemes which it seems, are about to be withdrawn anyway. So I am living off what's in the company bank account; it still has a way to go but at some point it will become unsustainable. I have to be able to pay the accountants to make up the books for 2019-2020 at some future time, which is not cheap. I can then hope that either work in my field returns with appropriate safety measures in place, or I can take more drastic action in winding the company up, then taking a heavily-discounted pension from a former employer and stay within my four walls. I'd rather not do the latter, but I may have to.
    I understand that you are in a difficult situation but why not just take things slowly and see what happens in the days and weeks ahead? You need to have a plan but it's far too early to predict anything. Uncertainty is of course hugely unsettling and distressing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I feel we are back in herd immunity territory again, only this time they know what we're heading for, but will continue nonetheless.
    I don't think 'herd immunity' ever went away.

I shall watch that broadcast again a couple more times to see if it makes any more sense.

Which I doubt.

Or maybe sleep on it, watch it tomorrow. Turn off the news and do something that makes you happy instead of scared.

Don't torment yourself, Pamplemousse.No need to immerse yourself in stuff which infuriates you.

Page 373 of 384 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383 ... LastLast

Thread Information