Page 374 of 384 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I think I have to agree with Pamplemousse. That broadcast has muddied the waters even further and the fact it's been rejected by Scotland, Wales and N Ireland says more than I ever could. 268 new deaths, 3923 new cases today.

I feel we are back in herd immunity territory again, only this time they know what we're heading for, but will continue nonetheless.
    We can't predict what will happen...We think we can but we could assume allsorts and then be proved wrong. We need our mental strength to deal with getting through each day and factual information.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Some of the countries that have reduced lockdown have had to rethink their rules. Maybe we’ll have to. It seems like every most countries are relaxing the strict rules in some way.

We have to have a bit of hope, and maybe this is us starting to move in the right direction. I choose to think positively because wallowing in gloom doesn’t help anyone.
    Agreed. It's obvious some are reacting to announcements in a negative way. And by that I mean tunnel vision to the worst stuff.

I'm not judging how the lockdown has been ignored by small numbers of isolated media stories. What about everything and everyone else? If 99.9% are following it things are in good shape.

It's been a ghost town where I am since lockdown. I'm near a major trunk road into the city and it's like a quiet Sunday night most of the time when normally it would be endless vehicles. It's busier at 3am, in normal time, than near the peak periods some days. At peak I usually see a near 2 mile slow pile up.

The streets are empty. The shops are quiet.

Yes, we have some morons but unless you are going to position snipers to enforce it you won't stop idiots. The sunbathing lot seem to be in certain places as are those heading for second homes. But what about everyone else? Middleborough had one street of morons but what of the rest who are most likely shaking their heads over that? Up my street there was one house having a BBQ with another couple over but that's out of hundreds of people on this street.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    We can't predict what will happen...We think we can but we could assume allsorts and then be proved wrong. We need our mental strength to deal with getting through each day and factual information.
    Agreed and let's remember Scotland have been talking about pulling the lockdown before us. Sturgeon has said multiple times she would do what is right for Scotland and even mentioned being flexible to some changes days ago from a meeting with the PM.

So when the media are trying to portray it as just mad England it's worth remembering it's not exactly what they are saying...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Don't torment yourself, Pamplemousse.No need to immerse yourself in stuff which infuriates you.
    Maybe you and Scass are right I barely sleep these days anyway and this will just make it worse.

So... they're going to reopen public facilities little by little each month, is that it? And that makes things worse how?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Maybe you and Scass are right I barely sleep these days anyway and this will just make it worse.
    Maybe tonight will be a great night sleep!

It’s okay to vent our worries. Sometimes you have to let it out, but there is no point in wallowing in the worst case scenarios. The rumination and circle of intrusive worries about things we can’t control is what brings us down.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Maybe tonight will be a great night sleep!
    I'd like to think so but I think assisting it with half a bottle of plum vodka may not be a good idea. I wonder if I can get a GP to prescribe me some Zopiclone?

I perhaps reacted badly earlier and was too quick to post. The idiots are pretty much still the minority, tomorrow is another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I'd like to think so but I think assisting it with half a bottle of plum vodka may not be a good idea. I wonder if I can get a GP to prescribe me some Zopiclone?
    Ask for some zopiclone because it could help to break the insomnia cycle. My daughter is in the same boat and I'm going to ask for some for her.

Page 374 of 384 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376 ... LastLast

Thread Information