Page 382 of 384 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384 LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Sorry if it didn't seem as though I was trying to help. I hope you can come through this soon.

Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Sorry if it didn't seem as though I was trying to help. I hope you can come through this soon.
    I feel bit better talking about it. And I wasn’t personally saying you werent helping you were helping and I hope you didn’t hear that negatively from me I was just saying sometimes we all need a hand along the way. The way they’ve got us all on high alert id probably stub my toe and question is it coronavirus it’s all very high alertish atm. I’ve been ill all week enough to be in bed for most of it I feel very disorientated from myself and my reality. Not fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Relax, there's about a million things that can cause stomach upsets; I've also had a fair few bugs that started with a raging headache.

You're chasing cars on the motorway again; take yourself back, sit down on the verge and watch them pass.
    You are correct, BlueIris.

The trouble is, there is a lot of conflicting (and confusing) info circulating both online and in real life ATM concerning both symptoms and causes of CV, and certain factions of the population are probably exploiting this pandemic with misinformation in order to fulfill their own personal agendas, though, in fairness, some of those people may in turn be confused by all of this themselves.

Just to re-iterate, the three 'key' symptoms to watch out for are prolonged bouts of dry coughing, temperature of 37.8C (or higher), and/or loss of taste/smell. Remember stomach upsets (in whatever form), though of course can still be accountable, are fairly low down the pecking order of CV-related symptoms, and thus one of the lesser/rarer symptoms.

BTW, last night the list/column of 'Most Read' news articles on the BBC News website sported fewer COVID-19-related articles for the first time probably since about mid-March at the very latest.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 21-05-20 at 10:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    You are correct, BlueIris.

The trouble is, there is a lot of conflicting (and confusing) info circulating both online and in real life ATM concerning both symptoms and causes of CV, and certain factions of the population are probably exploiting this pandemic with misinformation in order to fulfill their own personal agendas, though, in fairness, some of those people may in turn be confused by all of this themselves.

Just to re-iterate, the three 'key' symptoms to watch out for are prolonged bouts of dry coughing, temperature of 37.8C (or higher), and/or loss of taste/smell. Remember stomach upsets (in whatever form), though of course can still be accountable, are fairly low down the pecking order of CV-related symptoms, and thus one of the lesser/rarer symptoms.

BTW, last night the list/column of 'Most Read' news articles on the BBC News website sported fewer COVID-19-related articles for the first time probably since about mid-March at the very latest.
    I think medical professionals need to sort their confusion and conflicting agendas also NOT to perpetuate the psychological propaganda we have all been victim of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    You all, the Covid virus is more threatening than the flu in many cases. My great uncle got it and died. Yes, he was on his way out anyway, and had underlying health problems, but it still finished him off. Then the nurse, a healthy man in his fifties, with no underlying health problems, wound up in the ICQ from it for a week. My uncle and aunt got it from visiting, and luckily had mild cases. My cousin who a nurse got it, who's in his 30s, and he was in the hospital for two days to get fluids. No underlying health problems. I had a former student who had underlying health problems that died from it. He was 22.

The fact is, it's a lot more contagious and a lot more serious than the season flu. If you want to deny it exists, or it that it's not as bad as it says, because that makes you able to sleep at night, then so be it.

But the thing is, if governments did nothing about it, it would have spread worse and you'd all be b1ching that they didn't do enough, because then you would all know someone affected by it. As it is now, you're b1ching because you think they've done too much and it's ruining the economy. Well, honestly, I'm not sure if that is the fault of the government so much as the fault of the capitalism systems that are set up to run our economy. Capitalism is great, but nothing is perfect. One of it's flaws is that it really doesn't have many contingency plans for natural disasters, and this qualifies as a natural disaster, IMO.
    I think this is a brilliant post too, it sums up just about everything that's happened since this year came in. And while realising economies must be kick started again to put bread back on the table, I'm wondering how the changes observed in the natural world will be looked back on. Fish swimming in the canals of Venice, Everest being visible from a 100 odd miles away for the first time in donkey's years. Will these become just temporary aberrations in the continuing destruction of our planet? Or a hope that mankind really can turn back the tide of wreckage that we as a species have unleashed?

Sitting down by my pond in the garden, I can see the movement of frogs in amongst the water plants. Behind me in the ash tree I can hear a brood of baby blue tits being fed by their busy parents. Different species of both solitary and bumble bees are buzzing in and out of the flowers. Its quite humbling to see nature going about its business in spite of everything that has been threatening us humans, as if in total ignorance of the grandoise impression we seem to have of ourselves.
    Last edited by fishman65; 21-05-20 at 23:44. Reason: Typo

Sounds like you’ve got a lovely little spot in your garden there fish man

I'd love to be a baby blue tit being nurtured at the moment...instead of feeling a right tit instead!

You enjoy your own personal Nature Watch, fishman....It beats Covid Watch any day! Whatever brings you peace and solace has got to be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I think this is a brilliant post too, it sums up just about everything that's happened since this year came in. And while realising economies must be kick started again to put bread back on the table, I'm wondering how the changes observed in the natural world will be looked back on. Fish swimming in the canals of Venice, Everest being visible from a 100 odd miles away for the first time in donkey's years. Will these become just temporary aberrations in the continuing destruction of our planet? Or a hope that mankind really can turn back the tide of wreckage that we as a species have unleashed?
    Both!

Hey guys, I hope everyone is safe and well.

I'm having a huge panic today as my wife has been told four people at her care home now have the virus. She was tested on Weds and we are awaiting the results. I'm terrified!

Oh I’m sorry, that must be a scary wait. I hope she’s ok.

Page 382 of 384 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384 LastLast

Thread Information