Page 49 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

[QUOTE=pulisa;1926064]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    Thanks pulsia
    Had such a rough night and morning feeling more in perspective now (at the moment) my step dad has left for Taiwan now. Fingers crossed he’s safe and is able to get back.

If there is any risk whatsoever he will not be allowed back home. This virus has a 2% mortality rate. That's tiny...and no, you will be one of those unlucky 2%. Why do you think you would be?
    It's actually 0.17% for anyone not in Hubei Province, so basically, the same as the regular boring flu.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=jray23;1926175]
    Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's actually 0.17% for anyone not in Hubei Province, so basically, the same as the regular boring flu.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Es corretto 😷

Two interestin things I learnet

Staff in hospitals is getting infected o er there coz of bad hygiene habits like not washing hands or using enough disi fectant. My guess is that they don't got enough disinfectant or protective clothes cozza panic buying.

The other gig is that they think the virus come not from bats but palamines, them funny critters what eat ants and climb trees. Exactly the kinda wildlife they was selling in cages at that market for schmucks who wanted to impress guest with an exotic critter soup.

Problem is you will always get poachers, look what they done to rhino

Yeah, they are saying the pangolin could be the start of the infection. I was so p***ed off to see The Guardian using the title 'Pangolins may have spread coronavirus to humans'. Whats riles in the terminology they used ? They write as if the Pangolins decided to up and leave their wildlife habitats and be kept in cages in a vile market and killed for their scales and other body parts - deliberately to make humans ill. A better title would have been 'Humans may have caught Coronavirus from poaching protected species'. Yeah, its a bit longer, but I'm sure they could have given the right sentiment in a shorter phrase if they'd have tried. Nature biting back, the irony of human beings thinking they can do what they damned well like with the natural world.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Yeah, they are saying the pangolin could be the start of the infection. I was so p***ed off to see The Guardian using the title 'Pangolins may have spread coronavirus to humans'. Whats riles in the terminology they used ? They write as if the Pangolins decided to up and leave their wildlife habitats and be kept in cages in a vile market and killed for their scales and other body parts - deliberately to make humans ill. A better title would have been 'Humans may have caught Coronavirus from poaching protected species'. Yeah, its a bit longer, but I'm sure they could have given the right sentiment in a shorter phrase if they'd have tried. Nature biting back, the irony of human beings thinking they can do what they damned well like with the natural world.
    I agree, if people weren’t so obsessed with eating ‘exotic’ animals then we wouldn’t be in this mess. One could argue about eating any animal really but I’m not vegan so cannot preach.

Es corretto Carys 🙋 not sure about that emoji tho

Yep I know of your Guardian newspaper I seen folk post links to it here, it must be the only sensible paper in the UK, who knows how yous folk ended up with the worst newspapers in the world. Even here we don't got crap tabloids. The New York Times is usually sensible but they went anti-China to please us yanks.

Pretty much every country in Asia eat basically any critter including insects, maybe not Japan these days altho my army buddy ate sparrow and locust there.

ok I just done a Tube search and Chinese use them scales for their bullshit traditional meds which got no scientific basis for jack shit. There ain't enough of them in China so they import outta Africa, Vietnam, Malaysia etc. trafficked by criminal poacher gangs.
    Last edited by lebonvin; 09-02-20 at 12:12.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You have to laugh at any newspaper, The Guardian included since it's always publishing speculative articles that only feel CTers, when it comes to this. They are the original speculators and distorters of facts.

But the CTers will see anything coming from 'the man' or any government they don't agree with as likely to be covering things up. All WHO can do is tell people not to listen to loons on the internet because other than pulling the plug so they go back to their soapboxes and sandwich boards they are here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    Staff in hospitals is getting infected o er there coz of bad hygiene habits like not washing hands or using enough disi fectant. My guess is that they don't got enough disinfectant or protective clothes cozza panic buying.
    Lack of infection control caused similar over here. It still does at times.

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post

Yep I know of your Guardian newspaper I seen folk post links to it here, it must be the only sensible paper in the UK, who knows how yous folk ended up with the worst newspapers in the world.
    I don't think we have one news outlet that could be described as that. It used to be the BBC but in some areas they have gone really down hill. I would still trust the BBC on issues like this though as they are more prone to bias in British politics and anti-Trump stuff. But The Guardian does love to stoke up tension on the left wing and sees discrimination everywhere. Probably why it's struggling.

I hope one good outcome of this is the world gets to put China under pressure regarding their animal abuses with a reason the Chinese might actually see as in their best interests.

I'm surprised The Guardian didn't blame it on Brexit...

Brexit is so last year....Coronavirus is the "new" Brexit pushing even Megxit off the front page..She must be fuming.

I agree with all you say, carys. Never mess with Nature. China is paying the price for its abuse of protected species.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I hope one good outcome of this is the world gets to put China under pressure regarding their animal abuses with a reason the Chinese might actually see as in their best interests.

I'm surprised The Guardian didn't blame it on Brexit...
    Lmao!! My ex and his family lived for the guardian that’s just cracked me up

I’m a little curious why we aren’t getting more details about certain patients with Coronavirus and although it has spread through different castes I’m just curious moreso if different ethnicities are just carriers and not symptomatic ie the guy off the cruise ship is a carrier not had symptoms ?!? Anyone shed any light on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 49 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread Information