Page 51 of 384 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    How many time are you washing your hands/using hand sanitiser? i mean i wouldnt say this is bad in practise unless this is exacerbating your anxiety we have adopted this in our household and i have known many people who have done it way before we started so i wouldnt say its for over concern. interesting about your dad's lady friend daughter....at least you know you can get your hand on the HIV drugs
    yes that’s true regarding the hiv drugs - remember us won’t you! Haha

I wash my hands far too much due to my OCD induced phobia, I had tried to keep a lid on it but think this is going to make it skyrocket again. Trouble is my husband is the total opposite, he barely washes his hands and has absolutely no worry about this Coronavirus or anything else for that matter. Would be a lot easier if I felt that way.

He travels up and down the country all the time too and he’s going to Monaco on Wednesday, flying there and back via Heathrow �� xx it’s ridiculous really because if this would have happened a few years ago we wouldn’t have access to half the information we have now and I guess the ease of finding things online makes everything seem so much worse. Everything is more accessible these days. I read that the initial swine flu outbreak estimated a death rate of quite a high percentage- a lot higher that the highest guesses of corona and that simmered to barely anything, just have to hope they have massively overestimated x

Also I read a few of the American cases didn’t even need hospital care just self isolation at home. One was in hospital but not because they were serious just because of other matters and they are now home and fine.

Statistics are pointless unless you believe them.

Some other really interesting news is it isn’t mutating! Therefore the viral genome is the same from patient zero to the latest patient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Statistics are pointless unless you believe them.
    That’s very cryptic! Should I not? x

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    Some other really interesting news is it isn’t mutating! Therefore the viral genome is the same from patient zero to the latest patient

yes I had seen somewhere that Coronaviruses rarely mutate whereas the influenza virus is highly likely to mutate x

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbear View Post
    yes that’s true regarding the hiv drugs - remember us won’t you! Haha

I wash my hands far too much due to my OCD induced phobia, I had tried to keep a lid on it but think this is going to make it skyrocket again. Trouble is my husband is the total opposite, he barely washes his hands and has absolutely no worry about this Coronavirus or anything else for that matter. Would be a lot easier if I felt that way.

He travels up and down the country all the time too and he’s going to Monaco on Wednesday, flying there and back via Heathrow �� xx it’s ridiculous really because if this would have happened a few years ago we wouldn’t have access to half the information we have now and I guess the ease of finding things online makes everything seem so much worse. Everything is more accessible these days. I read that the initial swine flu outbreak estimated a death rate of quite a high percentage- a lot higher that the highest guesses of corona and that simmered to barely anything, just have to hope they have massively overestimated x
    Phoenix and Kirbear, I'll try and keep some by. But with us all being under lockdown by then, it might be difficult getting them to you.

I've been washing my hands to the point of them becoming sore. I've had to apply E45 cream to offset that. WHO were recommending regular hand washing along with cough etiquette and maintaining at least a metre between yourself and any person displaying respiratory symptoms.

The crazy thing is that I've only become preoccupied with this since nCoV. I love gardening and often get my hands covered in soil, compost etc but not yet this year.

Daily new cases (Feb 9th) are down on yesterday's according to WHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbear View Post
    That’s very cryptic! Should I not? x
    I just meant that you could read loads of reassuring statistics but unless you actually believe them and can use them to reassure yourself then you're no better off and it's a pointless exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Daily new cases (Feb 9th) are down on yesterday's according to WHO.
    That’s good news

Page 51 of 384 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread Information