Page 54 of 384 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Exactly, Terry. It feels as though any perceived danger here is entirely generated by the press.
    Totally agree. How many other things are going on around us and we don't have a clue until a journalist writes an article? Then another, then another.

In the UK 6 people are killed by tress every year. That's a one in 20m chance. In the previous 'biggest storm since...zzz' the media were going nuts over a guy near my area was killed by a heart attack after a tree fell on him at a local park.

Coronavirus has killed how many in the UK so far?

That's looking at the rare stuff, that I bet many on here wouldn;t even consider. So, what about the more common stuff?

How about the 1,870 people killed in road deaths in the UK year ending June 2019? Has everyone stopped driving?

More people are being killed daily on the roads than by this virus.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Whilst I can understand that I do think you need to remember that we all have something inside us that is far better than any of the flu jabs, the immune system. We are not unprotected by any means.

I'm in an at risk group, my mother is very much in one being elderly with COPD and other health complaints. Both of us have beaten pneumonia, she did so a couple of years ago. Regardless of the media talking about the medical world finding something new to treat this particular strain they have many drugs they can use to treat pneumonia very successfully and do so daily.

The most protection we all have is being nowhere near any of this. The chances of us walking past someone carrying this virus will be so incredibly low. We've more chance of winning the lottery.
    Thanks Terry that's reassuring, you're a good bloke.

A GP surgery in Brackley Northants has closed as a precautionary measure. That's very close to me.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Thanks Terry that's reassuring, you're a good bloke.
    Remember that Terry successfully reassured you a short while ago. My guess is that if you get away from home and news reports you feel liberated from coronavirus saturation syndrome and can carry on as normal. Once seeking out information you are once again hooked. I expect there will be many surgeries closing as a precautionary measure/false alarm. As for the so-called "super spreader"..how vile of that rag to target and name him. Did he spread the virus to a few people deliberately? Of course he didn't.

You know this 'super spreader', I hadn't realised but apparently its a medical term which could be applied to 1 in 5 of us. This article is really interesting, (trigger alert, it talks about coronavirus and the fact it can be passed on when no symptoms are showing, but also other illnesses like measles and typhoid lol)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rs-coronavirus

I don't think he's been named has he ? I sure hope not !!! I think, 5 of our UK cases got it from this one person - am I right ? It seems it isn't known if super-spreaders have strong or weak immune systems.
    Last edited by Carys; 10-02-20 at 18:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    i think a the WHO will have to stop all international travel, if everyone stayed put for one month surely the virus would die out and everyone would be ok? or am i just wishful thinking?
    This would absolutely cripple the world economy, it's not even remotely feasible, rational, or on the table.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    This would absolutely cripple the world economy, it's not even remotely feasible, rational, or on the table.

But they way people are talking there’ll be nobody left to make use of any economy. Just read somewhere that 1.6 million have died in China hence the crematorium working 24/7 and any news of survivors is propaganda! Smh it’s time I stopped and just stayed on here!

I wouldn’t have known about the new cases in the UK if people at work didn’t mention it, that’s when I went back in to my info search looking for good information! Damn it, I’m losing my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbear View Post
    I think I feel protected more so from flu because I have my flu jabs and I feel like 2% is a lot worse than flu mortality and that has potential to increase. I guess part of anxiety is irrationality. I fear more for my husband and my son than I do myself.
    Your numbers are wrong anyway. The fatality rate for any case outside of Hubei province is only 0.17%. The fatality rate for the flu is 0.1%. So nearly identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbear View Post
    But they way people are talking there’ll be nobody left to make use of any economy. Just read somewhere that 1.6 million have died in China hence the crematorium working 24/7 and any news of survivors is propaganda! Smh it’s time I stopped and just stayed on here!

I wouldn’t have known about the new cases in the UK if people at work didn’t mention it, that’s when I went back in to my info search looking for good information! Damn it, I’m losing my mind!
    You're clearly looking at fake news. Stick to reliable sources if you must keep up with the headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Totally agree. How many other things are going on around us and we don't have a clue until a journalist writes an article? Then another, then another.

In the UK 6 people are killed by tress every year. That's a one in 20m chance. In the previous 'biggest storm since...zzz' the media were going nuts over a guy near my area was killed by a heart attack after a tree fell on him at a local park.

Coronavirus has killed how many in the UK so far?

That's looking at the rare stuff, that I bet many on here wouldn;t even consider. So, what about the more common stuff?

How about the 1,870 people killed in road deaths in the UK year ending June 2019? Has everyone stopped driving?

More people are being killed daily on the roads than by this virus.
    Well said, Terry. Automobiles, and yes, even trees are more dangerous to the average non-Hubei resident at the moment.

Page 54 of 384 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread Information