Page 61 of 384 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

So I wasn’t feeling too bad last night, TV was on and a programme about the Spanish flu pandemic came on, the clip I saw looked horrific so of course I turned it off.

I then spent all night drawing the conclusion the reason they showed that programme was because we are about to go through the same thing again. Like the powers that be know something we don’t. Feel sick this morning and have a stinking headache. Grr damn this thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post
    This corona outbreak (or Covid-19 as it is now to be known) is killing tourism worldwide. And I wonder if the cruise business will ever recover?

Actually, I hope the cruise business doesn't recover. I've long hated these monstrous cruise ships that look like floating multi-storey car parks, disgorging thousands of tourists on port cities and causing all the problems that mass tourism causes. Look how the Venetians last summer moved to ban them from coming to Venice anymore. I cheered when I heard that news. They're also giant floating petri dishes, prone to norovirus outbreaks, flu epidemics, and now corona contagion. Surely it's time public health and the environment were put ahead of profits, or am I alone in having such sentiments???
    You come a bit late to this shred my man but I said the same few days back. Also, yous missed the main point about them trash cruise ships - pollution. They use this heavy shit oil which not only disgorges tonza shit in the ocean but the equivalent to 2 million cars exhaust per day. I'd like to see Kim Jun torpedo one of them by mistake one day (when no-one on board)

I calm myself down by remembering that I had 4 grandparents come through WW1, Spanish Flu epidemic, Great Depression and WW2. That's some survivin' right there. Well done grandparents, I salute you. Seriously, we in the first world are spoilt and soft as shite today.

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    You come a bit late to this shred my man but I said the same few days back. Also, yous missed the main point about them trash cruise ships - pollution. They use this heavy shit oil which not only disgorges tonza shit in the ocean but the equivalent to 2 million cars exhaust per day. I'd like to see Kim Jun torpedo one of them by mistake one day (when no-one on board)
    Oh yes, the pollution they cause is horrendous as well. So we have 3 good reasons why these floating monstrosities need banning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbear View Post
    So I wasn’t feeling too bad last night, TV was on and a programme about the Spanish flu pandemic came on, the clip I saw looked horrific so of course I turned it off.

I then spent all night drawing the conclusion the reason they showed that programme was because we are about to go through the same thing again. Like the powers that be know something we don’t. Feel sick this morning and have a stinking headache. Grr damn this thing!
    Do you really think that this is likely? Really? I think you have to stop letting your imagination run away with you for the sake of your family if not for yourself. I'm not surprised you are feeling rough and no, you haven't got cv. Stay rational and don't make things worse for yourself when there is no need? This thread is meant to try to support people to get a true perspective-it is not fobbing people off with platitudes x

I calm myself down by remembering that I had 4 grandparents come through WW1, Spanish Flu epidemic, Great Depression and WW2. That's some survivin' right there. Well done grandparents, I salute you. Seriously, we in the first world are spoilt and soft as shite today.
    Very true. We do need to get a grip although no one dares say that now.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Do you really think that this is likely? Really? I think you have to stop letting your imagination run away with you for the sake of your family if not for yourself. I'm not surprised you are feeling rough and no, you haven't got cv. Stay rational and don't make things worse for yourself when there is no need? This thread is meant to try to support people to get a true perspective-it is not fobbing people off with platitudes x
    I know, you’re right I’m sorry. ah no I don’t mean I feel ill because I think I’ve got CV I know for a fact I feel ill because I’ve got myself so worked up. I bloody hate anxiety!

Oh yes, the pollution they cause is horrendous as well. So we have 3 good reasons why these floating monstrosities need banning.
    I think we's got a good chance of seeing the cruise ship business take a big hit. Folk is gonna be scared for a long time to use them piles of floatin poison.

It's the crew on them you gotta worry about. Their mostly injuns and other low paid English speakin folk who live 4 to a cabin gotta do a meals on wheels gig to the quarantined passengers.

If cars n now planes gotta go electric, why not ships

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Not confirmed but according to the DM they were transferred from a prison in Thailand*

*My source is daughter.

How many deaths so far in the UK from cv? Storm Ciara has claimed more lives.
    For a minute I thought it was going to be a case of two armed robbers having to admit that 'what goes on in the cell stays in the cell' had got out of hand and the DM telling everyone to wear a condom on their nose as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    OK guys here's some perspective...https://www.tballiance.org/why-new-t...lobal-pandemic In 2018 Tuberculosis killed 1.5 million globally. Where's the media coverage??
    Exactly. And all in much poorer countries where the media are less likely to care.

The media often miss major stories in favour of another. We had constant daily reporting in the war in Syria and no one gave a crap about Yemen. But then that might something to do with us selling the bombs to the Saudi's who were massacring innocent civilians with them. And Saudi are in favour, Syria weren't. And this flu conveniently landed in a country certain nations are very happy to stick the boot into right now...

Page 61 of 384 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread Information