Page 67 of 384 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I'm on the other side - I thought cancelling was a good idea in the current climatec etc
    I with Carys on this one. I reckon da world got a good chance to survive cancellin of a few bullshit conferences. Why don't the boring schmucks just stay at home n do the whole gig on Skype? Then no folk gotta pollute da world by getting planes. They just miss out on a free vacation n chance to get drunk n get a bit on the side on their company expenses.

How does a dude goes about becomin a super spreader? Appeals to moi.

Pulisa - thank you so much for your message and being considerate in your response. I agree with what you are saying. I do need to limit what I read and watch. My dad does have a compromised immune system, he is diabetic so it does concern me.

I will try and stay calm and work to keep my immune system strong. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    I with Carys on this one. I reckon da world got a good chance to survive cancellin of a few bullshit conferences. Why don't the boring schmucks just stay at home n do the whole gig on Skype? Then no folk gotta pollute da world by getting planes. They just miss out on a free vacation n chance to get drunk n get a bit on the side on their company expenses.

How does a dude goes about becomin a super spreader? Appeals to moi.
    On a side note, the world has a habit of giving back what you put out. And you put out a lot of venom.

Just a thought.

Yup, Charlie, its a point - there are a fair number degrogatory comments in your statement (some of it very judgemental).

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    I'm still waiting to get bird flu. It's been aaaaages.
    A case in Scotland was reported at the beginning of the week, Joe..My daughter spotted it but it appears to have gone under the radar (or was a scam)...

Bird flu is so last decade.

A case of monkey pox was treated at St Thomas' Hospital just before Xmas..far more serious than Covid 19 (sounds like a dodgy boy band).

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    On a side note, the world has a habit of giving back what you put out. And you put out a lot of venom.

Just a thought.
    He's trying so hard, isn't he? Super-stirrer supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by PiaR View Post
    Pulisa - thank you so much for your message and being considerate in your response. I agree with what you are saying. I do need to limit what I read and watch. My dad does have a compromised immune system, he is diabetic so it does concern me.

I will try and stay calm and work to keep my immune system strong. Thank you!
    I do understand your terror, Pia. My daughter has contamination OCD and it's got far worse recently-hardly surprising given the circumstances and massive news coverage.

Talk to your dad and see how worried he is? Maybe just sharing your fears with him will help you rationalise the likelihood of him falling ill, particularly if he is careful and takes sensible precautions which I'm sure he will.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    He's trying so hard, isn't he? Super-stirrer supreme.
    I don't think he's trying to stir, I think he's stuck in a cognitive outlook and can't see how damaging it is, to himself.

It makes me uncomfortable, to be honest.

The other big C(Coronavirus)

Hey guys haven't been here in a while I've been doing really good lately but I'm second guessing myself on one question.

I'm supposed to be travelling via coach up to my partners early tomorrow morning and I get there at tea time.
    But all this Coronavirus talk going around I'm not sure if cancelling would be overreacting or good.
    As someone with asthma I really don't know if it's worth the risk I could be exposed so easily due to traveling through several UK cities (thankfully not London)
    Despite it being mild asthma i'm worried if I caught it they I would die

Just really waying up pros and cons

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Page 67 of 384 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread Information