Page 77 of 384 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I know it's stupid
    Then why even post it?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So instead of answering you wrote that Fishman? Is it that hard to answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower318 View Post
    So instead of answering you wrote that Fishman? Is it that hard to answer?
    To feed or not to feed the dragon?.... That is the question. Especially concerning serial posters. Over the last 7 years or so since I've been on the boards, there have been a multitude of similar fears. Each time, the board goes bonkers with fears and worries. Not one person got ebola, SARS, H1N1, Yellow Fever, Measles or any of the other pandemic illnesses the media has blown out of proportion. This is no different. This is a kin to most fears on the boards. The statistical chances of catching this virus, especially from eating a nationality's food from a restaurant is impossible! If one could take one moment and at least try to rationalize it, then I say again, why even post it?

Use common sense. Get a flu shot. Keep hand sanitizer around and use it. I deal with the public in my job. I shake hands and touch things other people touch on a daily basis. It's simple common sense to use precautions during cold and flu season regardless of what virus is running rampant during any given year. And statistically in the US and UK as well as most countries outside of China, the chances of hitting the lottery are greater than getting this virus! That reminds me, I need to check my numbers

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 16-02-20 at 01:26.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I just had a Chinese takeaway, which my mum ordered, I know it's illogical to think it's infected with Coronavirus, but is it possible?

Should I worry?

That's really sad to think like that. Here, where I live, in Australia, Chinese restaurants are closing down or closing early as they are empty. People don't go there because they are ignorant and think the dumbest shit

The scary Chinese death rate is the rate you get with zero treatment of hundreds of thousands of infected people because you don't have the ICU capacity to cope. Elsewhere, the death rate will be much, much lower as long as the hospitals don't overflow with ICU cases. Most first world countries have an ICU capacity of between 1,500 to 3,000 beds, and the medical staff to run them.

I don't think it's racist or xenophobic, since all of this originated from Chinese food

Maybe it was ignorant but I'm not worried about it any more, thinking about the logic of it

I don't think it's racist or xenophobic, since all of this originated from Chinese food

Maybe it was ignorant but I'm not worried about it any more, thinking about the logic of it
    It's not. I could say all Chinese cuisine is shite and it would not be racist or xenophobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower318 View Post
    Okay... what is brexit?
    The UK leaving the EU. Certain anti leave media outlets have spent the last few years scaremongering and using it as a scapegoat for things going wrong in the UK e.g. a business folding due to the lower pound value yet they don't even trade internationally or have been on the brink for many years.

The same pattern from the media as we see with Coronavirus i.e. largely a load of BS

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It's not. I could say all Chinese cuisine is shite and it would not be racist or xenophobic.
    It did make me feel ill but I don't think that's coronavirus related

More so I don't like chow mein

since all of this originated from Chinese food
    It originated, that they know at this point (though it seems the exact species isn't quite confirmed but possibly a pangolin), from wild illegal poached animals stuffed into cages in a market and sold for their 'medicinal' scales and meat. The virus was breathed into the respiratory system of those working there. Its not a gastric illness, and neither do we eat/sell illegally poached pangolins and keep them in hideous conditions in markets for human consumption in this country. I think whilst 'xenophobic' (and I agree its not racist) was a comment that maybe doesn't apply in the case of the fear of Chinese food, its a step people shouldn't be taking (fearing their food and presence) towards ostracising the Chinese community in this country through ignorance.

Page 77 of 384 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread Information