Page 94 of 384 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

A couple of weeks ago I almost booked a trip to Rome next week. Because of Coronavirus I decided to wait and see what happened. I am glad I waited. I will not be going, even though it's Northern Italy we need to avoid. Other than that I am just continuing as usual. We are more likely to die from Flu than coronavirus. Anyone under the age of 70 has a fantastic chance of recovery, and the chance of catching it to begin with seems to be pretty low at this point. Maybe it's time for people to recheck their personal hygiene regime, but other than that I am not sure anyone need to panic like this.

It’s very worrying when the Daily mail claim 80% of people get it. When it’s over perhaps I can complain to the press standards?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    It’s very worrying when the Daily mail claim 80% of people get it. When it’s over perhaps I can complain to the press standards?
    I just read, that was the worst case scenario

Yeah, I know it's business as usual, because it has to be

But surely if there's a big outbreak of this it'll be catastrophic?

And fantastic chances or survival or not, there's still knowing that you could be at risk of death

Toby, every single human being on the planet is going to die. It's tough, but you have to learn to accept this.

I'm starting to get the feeling that we're being manipulated. The stock market never fell like this during the SARS, AV flu or Ebola outbreaks. So the market starts dropping, the CDC (who's head was appointed by Trump) issues a warning and it drops even more. The rich buy up stocks then all of a sudden, things will be OK, the market recovers and the rich get richer.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Is this more serious than SARS, Swine Flu, Ebola etc?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Toby, every single human being on the planet is going to die. It's tough, but you have to learn to accept this.
    Hopefully not from an infectious disease though, is my point

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Is this more serious than SARS, Swine Flu, Ebola etc?
    No, it's just another one in a long list and many you won't even know about. Take Ebola for example. I bet you know all about the recent one but do you know about the many outbreaks recorded that the media never bothered to report? There have been many over the years but at some point the media latched onto Ebola and then the reporting began.

Not long ago we were all going to die from Spanish flu, before that Australian flu, before that swine flu, before that bird flu, etc. Look how many of these actually happened. None.

The media were telling us we would all succumb to them. So recognise the problem here is the media.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 26-02-20 at 13:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Yeah, I know it's business as usual, because it has to be

But surely if there's a big outbreak of this it'll be catastrophic?

And fantastic chances or survival or not, there's still knowing that you could be at risk of death
    A big outbreak of the sniffles? We get them every year.

The risks here are to the elderly and those with conditions with respiratory problems or weakened systems. The rest just recover, as they are doing in China. Outside of the at risk groups the main concern is the impact onto business and healthcare systems which would be overwhelmed in the case of the latter and an big impact on the economy in the former. But the risk is not half the population needing a wooden overcoat because it's just the sniffles to most people as even survivors are saying.

Don't buy into CTers and paranoia about nefarious motives. Some see it everywhere whether it's terrorism or simple their milk not turning up on their doorstep one day.

Page 94 of 384 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread Information