Page 95 of 384 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    It’s very worrying when the Daily mail claim 80% of people get it. When it’s over perhaps I can complain to the press standards?
    Well you can try but I wouldn't hold your breath as this is the norm for our press.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    When do you think all of this might end?
    Well the snow is due to end next week when the first hints of summer are said to be turning up

I don't know about coronavirus but why not take the opinions of the people running our healthcare and the experts? They seem to expect changing seasons to naturally regulate it. Coronavirus have been existence before this so they have ways to model it. As reported China is already seeing it calming down.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Toby, every single human being on the planet is going to die. It's tough, but you have to learn to accept this.
    This is so true. You don't your know your date or cause of death, but the inevitable will happen. Nobody is guaranteed to be alive tomorrow. Hence why I no longer dwell on such worries. Death for some is hard to accept, but must be accepted. Life changes for the better when you accept this fate because you can happily live in the present.

You can't really measure these things, but a lot more people contracted swine flu across the world - including me! The doctor wasn't concerned as I was a young adult with no other health issues, I stayed at home for 3 weeks and rested and made a full recovery. I didn't have HA then so really wasn't too bothered about it, I originally thought it was flu until the doctor diagnosed me and said I had SF but I'd be ok, then I just focused on getting better. This was the majority for all the SF cases. I can't remember what was in the media then, but I'm sure it was similar articles when in reality it was just a bad flu!

My fear is some kind of human extinction at worst maybe this is the disease? I fear isolation or borders being closed. Work places becoming shut food shortages and conditions never seen like it since the war. They say there is more cases outside China now so we are all doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    And fantastic chances or survival or not, there's still knowing that you could be at risk of death
    Living carries great risk of death. In nature, pretty much everything wants to kill us. (and we want to kill a lot of nature).

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I'm starting to get the feeling that we're being manipulated. The stock market never fell like this during the SARS, AV flu or Ebola outbreaks. So the market starts dropping, the CDC (who's head was appointed by Trump) issues a warning and it drops even more. The rich buy up stocks then all of a sudden, things will be OK, the market recovers and the rich get richer.

Positive thoughts
    I think this kind of manipulation happens a lot, but I don't think it is manipulation this time. The markets, in my mind, should rationally be falling as there is significant short-term risk of things like production delays, transportation problems, etc in many industries due to quarantine zones. And the travel industry is taking a huge hit on business (see, the poster skipping that trip to Rome). All of these things add up to the possibility of a slower economy in the short term, and that's enough to drive things down. But it can't be a long-term disruption. If the virus does spread globally and commonly, everyone will just resume normal life and there will no longer be any quarantining.

I think, give it a couple more weeks, and it will be a great time for anybody with cash to spare to buy. Obviously don't risk essential money because it's still a gamble no matter what for us ordinary folk.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    My fear is some kind of human extinction at worst maybe this is the disease? I fear isolation or borders being closed. Work places becoming shut food shortages and conditions never seen like it since the war. They say there is more cases outside China now so we are all doomed.
    How can a virus with 98% survival rate cause extinction?

Why would borders be closed and isolation continue if the virus was widespread? There wouldn't be anyone in a virus-free zone to begin with. No one gets quarantined from the flu (which again, kills 500,000 people every year)

We need to think rationally, not through fear. Wash your hands. Stay home if you're sick. Don't sneeze on people. Perhaps even stock up a couple-weeks worth of food/supplies in the event you have to self-isolate if sick. And then carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I'm starting to get the feeling that we're being manipulated. The stock market never fell like this during the SARS, AV flu or Ebola outbreaks. So the market starts dropping, the CDC (who's head was appointed by Trump) issues a warning and it drops even more. The rich buy up stocks then all of a sudden, things will be OK, the market recovers and the rich get richer.

Positive thoughts
    Is that you Fishman? You've crossed to the other side? I've got a spare tin foil hat for you here mate.

Just remember who funded both sides of WW2 to profit. Things like this do happen. 9/11 folks?

And one more factual note:

Two weeks ago there were 45,000 cases. There are 30,000 recovered now. Which means that the majority of cases completely recover within two weeks, similar to any other common flu or respiratory virus (other than maybe the common cold but even those sometimes take a few weeks to completely recover from).

Page 95 of 384 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread Information