Thread: Does this sound logical? (My HA doesn't believe so)

Does this sound logical? (My HA doesn't believe so)

So I got back from a holiday in Vanuatu at the end of November and a week later has really bad body aches (particularly in the lower back), extreme fatigue and generally felt off.
    I had a blood culture test done ans it was positive for Salmonella. I was put on a course of antibiotics which should have cleared it up.

About 2 days into the antibiotics I started feeling this pain in my chest sort of where the stomach is. About a week after finishing the antibiotics, the stomach/chest feeling was still there. I went back to the doctor who said it could just be some gastritis from the antibiotics.

After a couple of weeks I started feeling better and was ok for a while.

Just recently I have been feeling bloated and have some lower back pain again (the same sort of feeling I had before) and my tummy and everything is just not feeling 100%.

I am freaking out thinking there is something else going on that was missed.

I went to the doctor today who said that I could have issues for months after having the Salmonella and the antibiotics can cause issues too.
    She did another blood test to check for any signs of infection but I am freaking out!!!

What if the pain is actually ovarian cancer or something else sinister that they are not looking for because they think it is just the salmonella??

I have been particularly anxious over this whole period and the doctor said the anxiety can be heightening the symptoms and once the blood test results come back and they rule out anything then I should just focus on getting my anxiety under control.

I have missed work today because of this and I am scared to go back because what if I have a panic attack at work! I have been so anxious over this.

Could I really still be feeling like this over a month since I got back?

HELP!

Re: Does this sound logical? (My HA doesn't believe so)

Salmonella can leave you feeling awful for ages. I think you're safe to trust your doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by KaylaHowe View Post
    and the antibiotics can cause issues too.
    Concerning those issues, talk to your doctor about prebiotics and probiotics after taking antibiotics.

I have been taking probiotics.

The doctor messaged me yesterday to say that my blood test results were all within normal range and showed no signs of infection, and that the likely cause is transient lactose/fructose intolerance and general upset gut.

I struggle to accept this and my anxiety is sooooo bad!

I have had episodes of shaking uncontrollably without any other anxiety symptoms. Mostly in my legs and lasts about 10-20 minutes.

I just then felt like under my jaw on one side was sore and freaked out that it is a sign something bad is wrong.

I have a general ache over my body, mostly in my back - My logical brain is trying to tell me it is from sitting all day at a desk and the heightened anxiety making my muscles tired - but my anxiety tells me is is a sign something is wrong.

I just feel generally down and like something must be wrong! aaaaarrrggggghhhhh

I do have an appointment with my doctor again next week to discuss the anxiety.

Thread Information