Thread: Only myself to blame.

Only myself to blame.

Hi everybody. I'm a first time poster but reading the forums a long time. I suffer from health anxiety and this keeps me away from doctors unlike many here. I finally went for a smear after 14 years as I am planning on getting pregnant this year. I also did 6 months of therapy which definitely helped. The smear test was fine and I was not worried about that.. The nurse was lovely and made no comment whether my cervix looked OK or not. Just the waiting for results. So here I am now waiting. I have convinced myself it will be the worst case scenario and I will be diagnosed with cervical cancer. Ive been through a very difficult diagnosis in the last few years regarding a genetic kidney issues so I feel somewhat unlucky. I have absolutely no symptoms at all and did not bleed after the test which doesn't quell my worries. I have been reading posts on Jo's trust to prepare for my impending diagnosis of cc and it has not helped. I'm guessing most forum users on there have a story to tell thus most posts not being great news. I'm hoping some people on here have been in a similar situation as me and it turned out OK.

Re: Only myself to blame.

We literally have hundreds of posts like this so have a search and get reassurance

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you 🤗

Hi, I was the same as you in October Just gone .. have a look you’ll find my smear tests posts, I was 36 when I had my first smear and I thought this is it I’ve left it to late ... I was so scared like you I was reading jo forum preparing for the worst. My results came and I was hpv negative !!! So don’t worry you’ll be fine

Thank you sunshinegirl. Fingers crossed all will be OK. Glad to read your story. I've only come across negative ones so far. Really appreciate the reply 😁

I just had to come back and thank those who replied. It really helped. I luckily received my results today and all was clear. Lesson learned not to leave it as long next time. 😁

Thread Information