Hi All so quick history early menopause runs in my family my sister had it at 37 my mum in her 40s. I’m 37 now. Me periods were always very regular and no real issues really in the department. When I turned 36 I had a 52 day cycle followed by a 12 day cycle went to the docs and because of family history they did bloods which were normal and in January last year had a pelvic scan and there was no sign of menopause. Since then my period have ranged from 26- 34 days with on cycled being 43 days. I am currently on cd 48 with no signs of period. I asked my gp yesterday when I went for my anti depressant medication review she looked at my period log and said she’s not worried about it and that I’m going through the bit before the peri menopause. My question has anybody had this and what should I be expecting ? Bit confused really as I’ve never heard about the period before perimenopause. I don’t know wether to push this further and get my thyroid checked as my mum does have under active thyroid and I believe sometimes this can also be a cause for missing or irregular periods .