Thread: Infected cut?? Worried about getting Sepsis?

Infected cut?? Worried about getting Sepsis?

I had a minor procedure on Friday under general aneasethtic and they asked me if I had any open wounds and I forgot to mention the cut of my foot because at the time it wasn’t troubling me. Now almost after a week of having it it’s got way more painful and I’m worried it’s infected because I didn’t take every good care of it because I was worrying about other things. It’s quite big and from me picking at dry skin ( gross I know) however I’m already on a weeks course of oral antibiotics for precaution because of the procedure I had done so I’m not really sure what I’m supposed to do should I just wait?? Wouldn’t the antibiotics I’m already on clear it up if it was?? Could it just be painful because it’s on my heel and I walk everyday? I put some antiseptic cream on yesterday but it seems to be a closed wound however it’s quite hot and painful. I’m going to put it in some salt water tonight but I read that can make certain infections worse so not really sure.

Re: Infected cut?? Worried about getting Sepsis?

THe only way to know for sure is to let a doctor or nurse look at and they will tell you.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Infected cut?? Worried about getting Sepsis?

if you have a cut on your heel it will certainly be sore, maybe keep using the antiseptic cream and keep it covered for a few days so that it can heal. ensuring that its changed regularly and kept clean. if its caused by your heels being dry and cracked i also suggest a good foot moisturiser : )

Thread Information