Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another hot damn foot pain

Plantar Fascitis

Has any folk ever heard of this weird condition? It's an inflammation of heel and makes it painful to walking.

If any folk has any advice what to do about it, would be grateful. I ain't gonna google shit

Charlie

Re: Plantar Fascitis

Hi Charlie,

Yes, there have been a few threads about it I've seen. There was one on the HA board last year I think.

My mum had it about a year ago. It was painful to even stand. I did some searching around to see what helped since her GP only offered pain relief and found a support you wear that cushions that part. There are various types, some are for more complicated conditions so much bigger or you wear them at night in bed, but we just went with the cheap solution. It was just like one of those neoprene sports supports you see people wear on their hands/feet/knee, etc except made for this condition.

Within days she was much better and it's been gone every since. You don't have to keep it on all the time but it allowed her to walk again and after a couple of days she could go out shopping again. I don't think it took more than a week before it cleared up and she had it a couple of weeks at least before so it wasn't a long term condition like some have.

Only cost about £7 I think off Ebay.

I had that for several months a couple of years back; looked up some YT tutorials and my other half taped my foot up using physio tape.

As luck would have it, our college had a physio school at the time and the guy who ran it told me calf stretches could also help.

It hurts like the proverbial but it's essentially just muscle microtears so you're good to Google if you get the urge, you won't find anything to scare you.

Thanks Iris that's really useful

I had it too. It REALLY does hurt! I found wearing special shoe inserts (that I got from Amazon) really helped. It eventually disappeared but I've had it before then so expect it to return at some point......

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    Has any folk ever heard of this weird condition? It's an inflammation of heel and makes it painful to walking.

If any folk has any advice what to do about it, would be grateful. I ain't gonna google shit

Charlie
    Yup its painful - get get my husband to massage my heels lol (nice eh lol) - mine tends to flare up when I am on my feet alot - mine gets so bad that I cant stand in the mornings if I have had it the previous day

I find that if I stretch my leg and twist the ankle it gives relief (think someone has mentioned similar already)
    My GP said that weight has alot to do with it :( (in my case anyway) oh and the fact that I have been gifted with very flat feet lol

Hope you feel better soon

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Hi Charlie,

Yes, there have been a few threads about it I've seen. There was one on the HA board last year I think.

My mum had it about a year ago. It was painful to even stand. I did some searching around to see what helped since her GP only offered pain relief and found a support you wear that cushions that part. There are various types, some are for more complicated conditions so much bigger or you wear them at night in bed, but we just went with the cheap solution. It was just like one of those neoprene sports supports you see people wear on their hands/feet/knee, etc except made for this condition.

Within days she was much better and it's been gone every since. You don't have to keep it on all the time but it allowed her to walk again and after a couple of days she could go out shopping again. I don't think it took more than a week before it cleared up and she had it a couple of weeks at least before so it wasn't a long term condition like some have.

Only cost about £7 I think off Ebay.
    Hi Terry

Very useful thanks my buddy ordered one of them supports offa e Bay for me

Thanks Nicole and Neverending

The replies here been way better than I could of dreamt of

Hope it works for you, Charlie. Worth a shot as they are cheap.

On the stretches others mentioned I remember when I was looking around about this it said we tend to curl our feet upwards as we sleep and this can make it worse. This is why you can get more advanced bigger supports that stretch your foot back down as you sleep. So, I'm wondering if some stretching or yoga stuff aimed at this would help if it done before bed and when you wake? I'm just thinking about how my jaw clenching in my sleep was helped by doing an exercise my dentist gave me to loosen the muscles of the jaw before bed and it did help.

The stretches help a lot...so does rest and alternating heat and ice before you go walking on it in the morning. I used to have it from sports.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information