Thread: Random sting on back of neck - terrified of MS

Random sting on back of neck - terrified of MS

The other day at work I felt a strong sting on the back left of my neck, like a mosquito bite but more painful. It was enough to kind of throw me off what I was doing for a second. I have had this maybe 1/2 times before in the last few weeks or months, don’t remember when.

I googled when I got back and it says lhermitte’s sign which is a symptom of MS. I then starting googling more and I’ve been feeling tingles everywhere, random twitches. I know that could be anxiety because I seemed to get more after I googled it.

But another thing is foot drop, someone once said jokingly I slap my feet down hard when walking and it never really occurred to me but now it’s all adding up. I’m worried I have foot drop and I keep videoing me walking and seeing if my foot is actually moving when I walk and it is fine or if my legs are picking it up higher because it is weak. One thing leads to another and apparently if you have foot drop, your knees become hyperflexible to compensate... mine are very hyperflexible.

Sounds crazy but I’ve been bending my neck around all day to see if it triggers the shock sensation, been heel walking across the room to make sure I don’t have foot drop.

Anyone else experienced any of these? I’m so worried right now and finding it hard to look forward to anything. I haven’t had health anxiety in 2 and a half years and now it’s all come back.

Re: Random sting on back of neck - terrified of MS

I actually get lhermitte’s due to radiation treatments to my neck. It's very specific and at worst an occasional nuisance. It's also very obvious and happens nearly every time my head moves to a certain position. The self testing and videoing is an extreme reaction and not helping your anxiety in the least. You've had what?... 2-3 niggles in your neck in the last couple of months, googled and here you are

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Tingling numbness in foot and other symptoms

I only posted a couple of days ago but I’m so worried about MS right now. I all started with a random sharp pain in my neck and since I found out that could be a symptom, I’ve been noticing more twitches etc. Yesterday I managed to calm down and was just on my phone doing something unrelated to any illness. Suddenly my leg vibrated in my thigh. That night, when lying down to sleep one leg felt kind of numb. The whole of today my right foot feels tingly and a bit numb. It is like after you have slept on a limb and are trying to wake it up again and slowly feel it coming back. It is like I am stuck just a little bit before full sensation. I have had several of those vibrating feelings over my body. When moving my feet up and down the right one feels weaker.

I am literally convinced I have MS at this point. I am living abroad so I don’t want to see a doctor. I hadn’t had worries for so long before this and now I’m back to that constant dread feeling I always had.

The only thing that could help right now is has anyone else experienced these symptoms? I find it hard to believe it could be anxiety because it has happened even when I wasn’t thinking about MS. And why would it be affecting one side only? (the numbness is one side, random timgles and jerks and vibrations all over)

Re: Tingling numbness in foot and other symptoms

Sounds like you have trapped a nerve to me.am I right dr google came up with ms? I cant critisise as I am the same.

Yes this is a symptom of ms. But ms is uncommon and trapped nerves are common.

Ms used to be a fear of mine. Ironically I actually have ms and there was a difference between the HA symptoms and MS. Hard to explain.

No one hear will convince you you are healthy, nor could they diagnose you.

I've said this to others but although MS can be horrible but most people live perfectly happy and normal lives.

Re: Random sting on back of neck - terrified of MS

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Tingling numbness in foot and other symptoms

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information