Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IBS?

Re: IBS?

So you will be shocked to know that my issues stem from using artificial sweetener, after stopping it for a week my issues went away tried tea with sweet and low again horrible cramping, loose stools and gas, went four days without and symptoms cleared up.

Awesome! Glad you figured it out. How about the GERD, was it causing that as well?

My GERD is caused by onions and spicy food as well as garlic, and fried foods, so my semi-loose stool is back but I ate some jalapeno (mildly spicy) cheese stuffed peppers baked in air fryer, last night and drank part of a coke zero, so either the poppers or the coke zero, which I hadn't had in about a week caused my loose stool, will take fiber today as I take it every other day, and no coke zero and peppers.

Well it's good you figured out artificial sweetener is one of your problem foods. Back in my youth, I had similar stomach issues like that for a few years and I couldn't figure out what food was the culprit until it dawned on me it was ginger. I use to drink all kinds of flavored hot tea, including some with cinnamon and ginger in them. For the longest time I thought it was any kind of food/drink with cinnamon in it so I avoided it, until later on I learned I was mistaken and it was not cinnamon, but it was a certain brand of tea (called Stash - chai green tea) I drank mixed with both cinnamon and ginger in it. Anyway, I wish I had figured that out rather soon then later and saved myself a long time of misery.

I don't feel this is any thing serious other than not enough fiber and, I do still suspect IBS, I ate some jalapeno poppers again last night to test and didn't have the coke zero, and I had two very loose stools this morning even with taking fiber so yes am guessing poppers and hormones, will not be eating those again. My husband is like they aren't hot, my nose was running and my mouth was slightly burning so yep they were spicy I had mild gerd last night after eating them as well, but am testing things so mark those on the can't have list that keeps growing...PanickyGuy, that is good that you figured it out, I have always had issues with spicy things and messing with my stool.

I have IBS, just diagnosed, I have to watch what I eat and take fiber daily I had four good days with normal stools, and then started back to semi lose, then not being able to go to normal to semi lose to not being able to go, got tired of it went to doctor showed him my daily log I kept for three years and he said well looking at the log it's IBS, mild form he told me just keep a list of trigger foods, try to keep stress down and up fiber and eat Activa Yogurt, Oh it's alternating

Excellent, Pkstracy. Now you definitely know. So that narrows it down specifically to anxiety and IBS - the old brain-gut connection. Here's hoping things improve for you now that you know and of course watching what you eat.

Tanks panicky I mean I did suspect he said it goes hand in hand with gerd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information