Thread: Anyone else with headaches after a workout? Worried about a brain tumor :/

Anyone else with headaches after a workout? Worried about a brain tumor :/

For my new year's resolution I joined the gym. About a week ago, I went to the gym for the first time in years. I ran about 3km on a treadmill and then about a kilometre on a cross trainer. After that I did some sets with dumbbells and that was it. I was pretty exhausted, my HR was high the whole time and I was nauseous from the exercise - I went pretty hard. After I walked home(it was pretty cold and I went without a cap or a scarf) I made dinner and suddenly I developed a headache. I never get headaches except when I'm hungover or I have a fever. The headache lasted for a few hours, so I decided to go to sleep. After I woke up, the headache was gone. It didn't bother me at first, but today an intrusive thought popped in, you know, the usual "what if". Now I'm worrying about a brain tumor, because I've read that there is a thing called secondary exertional headaches, which occur after a workout and may be caused by a brain tumor or other problems. I don't really have any other problems which I'd attribute to a brain tumor, but this thing haunts me since a few years :(
    Last edited by Mostu; 23-01-20 at 14:39.

Re: Anyone else with headaches after a workout? Worried about a brain tumor :/

Sounds like you just pushed your self too hard.

Also remember to drink plenty of water next time, you could of been dehydrated.

You were probably dehydrated.

Also, that's a huge workout for someone who's not worked out in years. Your body was just exhausted. I worked at a gym years ago at the front desk and became friends with all the trainers. I'd not worked out in years and my friend offered a free session. I actually vomited halfway through from how much I over did it!! You need to just take it slow and drink plenty of water.

I have been like that for decades, and never given it a thought. Had a couple MRIs for things unrelated to that over that time and there's nothing sinister cooking in my skull.

Yeah I've had this a few times after a hard workout. Its usually if I've not eaten enough that day or being dehydrated, that's what I put it down to. Good work on getting back to the gym for your resolution! Send me some of your motivation please, I've forgotten what an I worked too hard headache feels like haha

Thread Information