Thread: Vision Issues - need advice

Vision Issues - need advice

Hi All, I’ve been good for a few months. My last post was in October. You were all so kind to me then. I thank you all very much. I am turning to you again because this demon called health anxiety is showing its ugly head once again.

Last night I was super tired. I’ve had trouble sleeping, as usual, and was heading to bed to try again. I sat down at my make up desk where sits a very bright lighted round mirror. I put some eye drops in for my dry eyes, turned the light off, and stood up to walk in the dark to my guest bedroom to get something.

I saw several afterimages of the bright mirror light, as I usually do. This time, however, as I was walking in the dark, the circles I saw were rainbow or sort of prism colored. They lasted for 3-4 seconds then went away.
    Usually, I just see white and then dark circles.

At first I thought, “Cool.” Then the panic set in big time and I have not been able to let it go for some reason. A few years back I would have run right to the doctor, but I was seeking medical help way too much back then. Part of what I’ve tried to learn is to not get upset about little body quirks right away. Most of the time these things happen once and then I forget about them.

Would you go to the doctor for this? Have you ever had this sort of colored afterimage?

I think that most of my panic surrounding this event is because my husband, who died of lung cancer, got migraine like auras when his cancer had spread to his brain. I’m trying to be patient with myself. Still, it’s easy to get discouraged when this hits me again. So, I thank you in advance for any advice you’d be willing to give me.
    Last edited by Cptdebbie; 24-01-20 at 03:31.

Re: Vision Issues - need advice

I forgot to mention that I had a full eye exam four months ago. All was well.

Hey, i've just created a post for similar vision issues that are unexplained, so I feel your pain.

I'd just monitor it and see if it gets any better or any worse. Try and keep a diary of what happened, what time, what triggered it etc.

This will help you and any professionals see any patterns, sometimes stress related stuff is almost impossible to pin point, hopefuly this was a one off!

Thank you for your kind response and good advice. I hope your vision clears up soon. The stuff sucks!

Thread Information