Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brintellix/Vorioxetine

Brintellix/Vorioxetine

Hey all,

After a few false starts on some meds and many years later, I've now been prescribed Vorioxetine. I'd love to hear if others had tried this and successes they have had. Please don't tell me horror stories! I usually have so many side effects so I started on 2.5mg 4 days ago. I plan to stay on this for 10-14 days and increase to 5mg. My side effect so far has been hideous nausea that lasts around 2 hrs after I take it. I've also been more anxious but I'm putting this down to my anxiety about taking meds and what may or may not happen.

Thanks all,

Lx

Re: Brintellix/Vorioxetine

Quote Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
    My side effect so far has been hideous nausea that lasts around 2 hrs after I take it. I've also been more anxious but I'm putting this down to my anxiety about taking meds and what may or may not happen.
    I suspect the nausea is being mostly driven by the anxiety, not the med, Lisa. Vortioxtine is absorbed only slowly with plasma levels taking 7-12 hours to peak. Ginger and/or vitamin B6 supplements often help.

(after recommending ginger for over 2 decades I recently had need of it myself to forestall seasickness and it worked great - I also discovered that it can trigger flushing for some minutes, not sure if it is a general side-effect, it isn't listed as one, or specific to the preparation I took, but something to be aware of)

Thanks PDU.

I am pretty confident the nausea is the med - it appears around 30mins after I take it and last around 2 hours - to the point I'm feel ready to vomit. I know I have a variety of anxiety symptoms but nausea has never been on of them. It is also the no.1 side effect.

Just out of interest, my psych always uses these factsheets from the department of health when prescribing meds... https://www.choiceandmedication.org/...able-leaflets/ and also the 'Handy Charts' when looking for suitable meds https://www.choiceandmedication.org/.../handy-charts/

Ugh. So this morning I have vomited. I forgot how horrible it is to vomit.

Do I keep going!? - I really am no good with meds ....

Try taking something for the nausea 30-60 minutes before the AD to see whether that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Try taking something for the nausea 30-60 minutes before the AD to see whether that helps.
    I took a kwells prior to the tablet and that really helped.

I took a kwells prior to the tablet and that really helped.
    Great! Just be extra careful if they makes you drowsy.

Great! Just be extra careful if they makes you drowsy.
    Yes! They make me so drowsy... I feel so lethargic!
    Any other ideas!?

Yes! They make me so drowsy... I feel so lethargic!
    Any other ideas!?
    Try ginger.

Try ginger.
    I took so much ginger it’s now making me feel nauseous just looking at it!! Haha! The nausea is better but it’s still there.
    I did 2 weeks on 2.5mg and was feeling really good. Infact my psychiatrist said I should stay on 2.5, it was me that suggested the 5mg as I was keen to be therapeutic. She went on to draw me a bell curve and said you can’t cluster everyone in the same boat and 2.5 may work for you then 20mg may suit another.
    So been on 5mg now and anxiety is peaking again.... Uni starts on Monday so this is partly due to this but pissed off im feeling such high anxiety again after 2 weeks of normality...

I can almost hear Pulisa saying I’m trying too hard....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information