Hi all,

For the past few years I've suspected that I've been living with undiagnosed OCD. I deal with intrusive thoughts, obsessions, and compulsions. In high school I had many rituals but have since worked on them independently. My worst problem is probably the hypochondria, and I have been diagnosed with GAD in the past

I've always been afraid to get help or tell a doctor, because the intrusive thoughts are too embarrassing to repeat out loud. My doctor is very familiar with my hypochondria and has told me I exhibit signs of OCD, but I've never actually been screened or diagnosed. I don't really know how it works, to be honest.

I'm in college now and need to start taking care of myself, which means seeking real help. I made an appointment with my school's counseling services, but I'm not sure how to approach the topic. I don't want to walk in and just say "Give me a diagnosis now!!" Does anybody have any tips for how to approach the issue and how to tell them what my needs are? It's been a few years since I've gone to a therapist, and I'm a little nervous.

Thank you