Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily anxiety

Daily anxiety

I’ve had daily anxiety lately feeling like I am going mad or run down. I have used meditation but it doesn’t last long before I feel crap again. Exercise wise it’s hard to get out walking in the dark nights. Also I am finding it hard to cut out fizzy drinks?

Re: Daily anxiety

What is about the fizzy drinks you are finding hard to cut out? Because if it’s just the fact it’s fizzy, you could try buying sparkling water and adding that to juice (the juice where you mix a small amount with water but use the sparkling instead) that’s significantly healthier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat99 View Post
    What is about the fizzy drinks you are finding hard to cut out? Because if it’s just the fact it’s fizzy, you could try buying sparkling water and adding that to juice (the juice where you mix a small amount with water but use the sparkling instead) that’s significantly healthier.
    Thanks yes I could try that. It’s the sugar as I feel weak without something sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Thanks yes I could try that. It’s the sugar as I feel weak without something sweet.
    You will get used to not having sugar and feel better in the long run. Maybe start by cutting down the amount of drinks or changing to something with less sugar. Recently I’ve been drinking a brand of charryade that only has 7 grams of sugar per can rather than coke which has 36 grams or so per can.

Using sugar for energy is a recipe for disaster, and a self sustaining loop.

It also messes up your adrenals if you're already anxious, leading to......you guessed it.......more anxiety.

Also, meditation isn't a quick fix to calm you down. You don't have a 'dose' of meditation, it's a long term mental re-training. Keep at it and don't judge it by it's immediate results.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Using sugar for energy is a recipe for disaster, and a self sustaining loop.

It also messes up your adrenals if you're already anxious, leading to......you guessed it.......more anxiety.

Also, meditation isn't a quick fix to calm you down. You don't have a 'dose' of meditation, it's a long term mental re-training. Keep at it and don't judge it by it's immediate results.
    Yes I wonder if my sugar fix makes me feel anxious each day?

My brother split with his wife so that’s caused me some anxiety as I’ve had to help him find a house. It’s caused me to feel anxious and tense as his ex wife use to help me when I was anxious in the past?

I wish I could feel relaxed each day but I feel anxious in general sometimes for no reason. I have fears of dying which fuels my anxiety as i wonder how long I will be around? Has anybody got any tips?

Here's a tip -

Anxiety is normal. Anxiety is hard wired into every single one of us, and cannot be escaped from. So stop running from it.

It's the over reaction to anxiety that is the problem, not the anxiety itself.

And we're all going to die, and none of us knows when. So enjoy right now. The only thing that ever exists is this moment you're in right now. Everything else is either memory or imagination.

Yes I don’t respond to the it well like lately I have had really bad anxiety for no reason? The least little thing makes me feel anxious?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes I don’t respond to the it well like lately I have had really bad anxiety for no reason? The least little thing makes me feel anxious?
    That happens sometimes. Just let it ride, and do the things you find best to calm yourself over time.

Please remember Nic's warning re posting on contentious threads such as this

"and just for the record if I feel that someone is replying to a post just to have a dig or make a sarcastic comment I will start removing those comments and banning that member from the thread."

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information