Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily anxiety

Re: Daily anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So she sees it as an inconvenience and the others just get angry? Do you have any close friends you can talk to?
    No they don’t know either. My sister knows but she doesn’t understand much either. So yes often limited to forums as nobody understands my worries

My daughter has the same type of worries as you but she can talk to me so this can help to share the load. She doesn't blame anyone else though but will attempt to control everyone else's hygiene habits and has developed ways to limit direct contact with "dodgy" household stuff. Next door has a rat infestation thanks to a recent extension botched job so there has been much panic....

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    My daughter has the same type of worries as you but she can talk to me so this can help to share the load. She doesn't blame anyone else though but will attempt to control everyone else's hygiene habits and has developed ways to limit direct contact with "dodgy" household stuff. Next door has a rat infestation thanks to a recent extension botched job so there has been much panic....
    I never suffered ocd much when I was younger that’s maybe why I hide it. I would rather it would conveniently go away which it has sometimes but it’s a daily battle with the thoughts. I suffer a daily anxiety which I believe is the cause of the ocd I’ve been unable to shift the anxiety. I have not felt chilled out in quite some time.

I think a lot of us probably hide our anxiety, because it *is* hard for others to understand if they've never had it. Still, it might be helpful for you to confide in someone you trust in your personal life. With my close friends I just laugh about it now, as we know each other's eccentricities and quirks. You might be surprised and find that others you know experience similar problems. We'd all love our anxiety just to go away but the nature of the beast is that you have to work at it.

Don't you just!

You are of a generation where anxiety is very "acceptable" so it's sad that you don't have support or understanding from your immediate family. I remember you saying that your Mum once said that you'd never make anything from your life which I thought was very cruel and I'm sure she regrets her words now. I hope your wife soon realises that she can help play a part in making things more manageable for you. Just knowing she is supporting you and not angry with you because she doesn't understand you and your behaviours would be a start.

Yes it is frustrating the lack of support.

Once I get rid of the bin worry my head switches to my fear of flying, work stress and Facebook worries. I posted then and before I did manage to book a trip to France and Switzerland but by train. So not quite tackling my flying fear. Again the birthday night out I have worried about posting on Facebook In fears if spoke to the singers before In the past or I worry about people seeing my partners age despite the fact I don’t have to title the album with anything special..

Also on my mind is my brothers marriage as he split from his wife I have felt guilty as I told him about a dating site which seems to have encouraged but he wasn’t happy with his wife

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-51433720

4 hours london to New York this would make life easier for me if there was wind every day

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-514337204 hours london to New York this would make life easier for me if there was wind every day
    Really? I wouldn't want to be flying in this weather! Obviously they know what they're doing and think it's safe, or they'd cancel the flight, but I'd find it terrifying. If you could do a 5-hour hop to New York, what about a shorter one to Europe? It seems like you have the same worries playing in a loop: flying, contamination, Facebook, solipsism, and work. What about working on them one at a time instead of worrying about them all at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    Really? I wouldn't want to be flying in this weather! Obviously they know what they're doing and think it's safe, or they'd cancel the flight, but I'd find it terrifying. If you could do a 5-hour hop to New York, what about a shorter one to Europe? It seems like you have the same worries playing in a loop: flying, contamination, Facebook, solipsism, and work. What about working on them one at a time instead of worrying about them all at once?
    I feel I have to tackle them all at once. My plan was to fly to Dublin but I have delayed that. Perhaps the good thing is I am confident to take the train round Europe so I’m atleast still get a good holiday. I have been pondering why I don’t fly for some time but can’t figure it. Even if I did beat one another could come along. I wish I never had the Facebook worries but I do. I worry about who I add and what I post I over analyse it what’s annoying as I never use to worry about it as much.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information