Thread: Daily anxiety

Re: Daily anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Good one Terry
    What I had seen today turned me off meatballs
    What about the salami?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I was waiting to see if anybody would pick up on this...
    Do they do phone you at home?

Failing that working at least ET comes in handy for a prostate check with that big finger

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Do they do phone you at home?

Failing that working at least ET comes in handy for a prostate check with that big finger
    Terry, I'm 50, but I still totally break down every time E.T goes home.

I usually watch the film a few times a year, but now I will see that huge finger of his and think of prostate probes.

The doctor, having snapped on the latex gloves, asked Joe Bloggs to assume the position. Then he tapped his bum-hole with a reassuring: I'll be right here. Now, be good!

I should write for Mills 'N' Boon, me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I agree with you that simply upping sticks is not the answer to Phil's issue with germs and contamination.

Moving house will only take one's existing anxieties with them, and people often end up being hypervigilant towards potential hazards at their new places of residence, sometimes eventually finding even bigger anxiety-provoking issues to contend with, real or imagined.
    I have just remembered I went through a similar phase of wanting to up sticks to a neighbouring town which has almost always been perceived as far more peaceful and affluent, when our town went through a very bad patch with yob culture and ASB during the first half of the 2000s, coupled with all the hysterical commentary in our local rag about it all, even though our estate was barely ever affected and probably had (and still has) one of the lowest crime rates in the entire area.

My parents refused point blank to move at the time and believed I was over-reacting and my dad said that the problems with yob culture, ASB and youth violence weren't really much different elsewhere at the time.

Incidentally, the oft-rose-tinted neighbouring town went through a very bad patch in its own right during the latter half of the 2000s and into the very early 2010s, with an epidemic of ASB, yob/chav culture and three murders in the five-year period between 2005 and 2010.

Bit like those who constantly proclaim to despise Britain and harp on about the the quality of life in other countries (e.g, Spain) being far superior and fairer than here but in reality those countries (and other towns/areas) often aren't quite what they seem at face value.

Hi I have panic attacks every 2 hours through the night, I am terrified and alone

Quote Originally Posted by Valeriecam View Post
    Hi I have panic attacks every 2 hours through the night, I am terrified and alone
    Hi Valerie, why haven't you started a new thread with this?

Anyway, that was me three years ago, only mine were more frequent than two hours and I developed severe insomnia.

I taught myself not to fear the panic attacks - and to breathe through them. Then I would get out of bed and move, no matter what time it was.

When you have a panic attack, your body is full of stress hormones (cortisol and adrenalin) and it's nigh on impossible to go back to sleep in that state. Even if you do manage to nod off from exhaustion you will probably have bad dreams and wake up again within a short time having another panic attack. Best thing is to get up and get moving to burn the adrenalin off. Do some light cleaning or just pace about your living room. Once you feel calmer (and you will) try to go to bed again...

Don't fear the attacks. It's just your body trying to protect you, only it's hyperstimulated so the stress response is going off at the slightest thing, and our dreams can trigger this response when we are sensitised. As can the closing of a car door or someone snoring...

This will take time, so don't be disheartened when you don't go back to normal quickly. It's a gradual process. But you aren't in any danger because panic attacks can't hurt you.

All the best.

So I mentioned how I was worried about the floor as my mum touched the bin and then a bag which was put on my floor. She also gave something which went on my kitchen work top and it also touched my sofa yet none of these worry me too much only the floor? Why would this be or do I need a psychologist to figure it out for me?

You'll have got your own inbuilt "rules" re contamination and there won't necessarily be a pattern. The floor is obviously more significant for you-it doesn't matter why.

Is it normal to feel anxiety every day? The feeling of being relaxed is something I have forgotten how to feel is anybody else like that?

And also I think I suffer from Thanatophobia(death anxiety)..
    Last edited by phil06; 18-11-20 at 13:37.

Yes it’s normal to be anxious every day. There are things that can help if you are willing to try them and to practice every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread Information