Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily anxiety

Re: Daily anxiety

Phil, that's not a question, it's a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Phil, that's not a question, it's a statement.
    Yes but I worry these neighbours have ruined my house forever even if I move I have to avoid touching the ground.

Your neighbours haven't done this. You have by prioritising frivolities over your mental health.

these neighbours have ruined my house forever

Allowing your OCD to take control of your thoughts and actions has 'ruined your house forever', and not your neighbours. Quit blaming them ! The false thoughts you have make you think your house is ruined forever, which of course it isn't.

You have said similar things about your wife at times; its her fault that you are 'triggered' as she touched a suitcase or other item after touching clothes to be washed (or something like that) and how unfair it was as she knew it would upset you. You've said the same about your Mum, and other people, and have an expectation that the world needs to adapt to you and your mental health needs. No - YOU - need to adapt to the world, to find a way to be able to do what 'normal' people do.
    Last edited by Carys; 07-02-20 at 17:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Allowing your OCD to take control of your thoughts and actions has 'ruined your house forever', and not your neighbours. Quit blaming them ! The false thoughts you have make you think your house is ruined forever, which of course it isn't.

You have said similar things about your wife at times; its her fault that you are 'triggered' as she touched a suitcase or other item after touching clothes to be washed (or something like that) and how unfair it was as she knew it would upset you. You've said the same about your Mum, and other people, and have an expectation that the world needs to adapt to you and your mental health needs. No - YOU - need to adapt to the world, to find a way to be able to do what 'normal' people do.
    Yes I agree with you that it’s me who was the issue. I have had similar thoughts before. The difficult bit is for me to find a what to do what others do without the worrying that’s the problem trying to find out what. All I can say is I have cut back on the replacing that I use to do.

I think that the more that you try to conform to what so-called "neuro normal" people do, the more stressed you will be.

Do you talk about your contamination fears with your wife? Sharing the "load" may help you come up with some sort of a compromise and there may be some "rules" you could both draw up to help you cope when there are triggers (as in most days). Talking about your anxieties with a loved one may be more beneficial than sharing them on here in a virtual world of internet strangers?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think that the more that you try to conform to what so-called "neuro normal" people do, the more stressed you will be.

Do you talk about your contamination fears with your wife? Sharing the "load" may help you come up with some sort of a compromise and there may be some "rules" you could both draw up to help you cope when there are triggers (as in most days). Talking about your anxieties with a loved one may be more beneficial than sharing them on here in a virtual world of internet strangers?
    She hears about my worries but as she doesn’t suffer ocd she doesn’t understand much so doesn’t get why I would worry so talking doesn’t work same with my other family it they don’t suffer ocd nobody gets it

So your wife wouldn't be prepared to listen to you describe how the fear overwhelms you? What does she do when you are in the middle of a panic? Or maybe she doesn't see/know?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So your wife wouldn't be prepared to listen to you describe how the fear overwhelms you? What does she do when you are in the middle of a panic? Or maybe she doesn't see/know?
    I usually hide any panic from her. She does listen but she gets quite moody about it. Her family are the same I have had some ocd and they have went very moody with me and her family often lost the head which isn’t ideal. I think my partner takes it from them all be it she doesn’t lose the head as much.

So she sees it as an inconvenience and the others just get angry? Do you have any close friends you can talk to?

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information