Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily anxiety

Re: Daily anxiety

I guess the problem with trying to tackle things all at once is that its easy to end up not tackling any of them and then going round and round in circles. Perhaps you'd find it easier to decide what is most important and focusing on that.

I doubt whether you can prioritise your worries though? They just blend into each other and play in a loop in your mind?

I know Facebook is very important to you even though you hate it and just get grief from it. I presume you use it to manage FOMO? Could you bring yourself to temporarily disable it for a short time and see how you cope? You don't need to announce your daily activities on it or tout for praise or reassurance. People who are content with their lives don't to use it for justification and it's so easy to misunderstand comments without a visual prompt. Also you must be very vulnerable to facebook trolls so what is the point? Are you only able to talk about things which worry you online?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I doubt whether you can prioritise your worries though? They just blend into each other and play in a loop in your mind?

I know Facebook is very important to you even though you hate it and just get grief from it. I presume you use it to manage FOMO? Could you bring yourself to temporarily disable it for a short time and see how you cope? You don't need to announce your daily activities on it or tout for praise or reassurance. People who are content with their lives don't to use it for justification and it's so easy to misunderstand comments without a visual prompt. Also you must be very vulnerable to facebook trolls so what is the point? Are you only able to talk about things which worry you online?
    Yes I could disable it to be honest I don’t post much anymore it’s more holidays or nights out I post. Not many people post either now but there is the odd one who posts a life story and no I often debate politics on Facebook rather than worries. What does FOMO mean? And luckily I don’t get much trolling on Facebook more message boards. I do focus on Facebook a lot even though I don’t use it much i read it more than I post. Often if I see other people doing fancy things I do feel pressure to do the same.

I have suffered trolling on another message board people blaming me for recommending a dating site to my brother.

You're not responsible for your brother Phil. He's an adult and makes his own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    You're not responsible for your brother Phil. He's an adult and makes his own decisions.
    Yes that’s true people tried to make me feel responsible on forums as I asked if I did the right thing.

I also feel bad about not flying but I spoke about it before and people said it’s ok to not fly as they don’t like it. I wish I could some just enjoy what I do as I always question it. I follow lots of travel bloggers who tour Europe solely by rail so that gives me some influence.

You lay yourself open to nasty comments by asking for justification of your actions. Maybe hold back and have more confidence in your own decisions? Otherwise trolls will exploit your insecurities.

Who cares if you don't like flying? Who is pressurising you to fly (other than yourself)? Eurostar has just announced some new destinations-it's a great way to travel and a very ethical option these days. You could fly all over the world and still be utterly miserable and plagued with anxiety. There is no "rule book" in life..you make your own rules which is half the problem because I expect being told what to do would be helpful?

FOMO=Fear of missing out

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You lay yourself open to nasty comments by asking for justification of your actions. Maybe hold back and have more confidence in your own decisions? Otherwise trolls will exploit your insecurities.

Who cares if you don't like flying? Who is pressurising you to fly (other than yourself)? Eurostar has just announced some new destinations-it's a great way to travel and a very ethical option these days. You could fly all over the world and still be utterly miserable and plagued with anxiety. There is no "rule book" in life..you make your own rules which is half the problem because I expect being told what to do would be helpful?
    You are correct it’s only me who pressures myself. I have been feeling guilty about everything lately and I have worried I wouldn’t make the right choice. It spells from when I took my first flat and regretted moving to that area ever since I worried I had to over think before making choices. When I moved jobs I thought it over and over again. I just wish I could have some belief in my choices. I want to feel “content” being honest I have never felt that since pre marriage days. About 27/28 when I worked never had to pay bills never had to worry about big life choices I could just relax and enjoy a weekend away down in England. Gone are those days but I am going my first holiday in England since 2016/2017 so perhaps I will try and be easy on myself? I have been setting unrealistic goals to save for early retirement too which has been adding more pressure. Like I say I can remember a time when I cared less. Some people chill more in there 30’s I worry more and feel more pressure that’s why I miss my 20’s..

That’s all part of growing up really. You have to try and enjoy the present, and plan things to look forward to in the future. Dwelling on the past never helped any of us much either.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information