Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily anxiety

Re: Daily anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I don't think coronavirus would penetrate your anti contamination measures, Phil. You're probably the most well protected man in Scotland.
    I wash my hands a lot but I honestly don’t believe it will help. My fear it’s it’s airborne. I’m not into buying hand sanitizer

It hasn't HIT Scotland, there is ONE case in a man who returned from Italy.

I had a photo of where the wheelie bin was placed however I have lost the photo having got a new phone. I now worry my safe steps where the bin couldn’t reach could be dirty. I know in my head where the bin was placed and it was near my window but my ocd is worried as I have no photo now?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I don't think coronavirus would penetrate your anti contamination measures, Phil. You're probably the most well protected man in Scotland.

This made me laugh P

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I am still finding it hard to cut out the fizzy drinks. Often on trains I feel anxiety perhaps the fizzy drinks like cola are a possible me cause? I am finding it hard to cut it out though ?
    Cola is a stimulant and any stimulant can trigger (and worsen) anxiety. But reading through your recent OCD bin/garden from hell posts, Phil, I'd say this is the least of your worries...

My mum brought a carrier back into my house today I believed she touched her bins whilst holding the bag. My worry is the ground is contaminated I have these worries often. I have worried about the garden for a year since the wheelie bin was placed in my garden. The good news is the bag she touched was wrapped in two other bags as it was raining today so maybe the bag was clean but because she never washed her hands. It was a present for someone so I know it will go to someone else’s house and go on someone else’s ground but I worry about my own house?

I have worried about the garden for a year
    What steps are you taking to combat the ocd and anxiety?

Phil we have had the same issues with this bin,letterbox for years you were I believe seeking some therapy,what’s happened?53EE6CF9-CBB9-48B8-BB34-D53E74D48519.jpg
    Get one of these bins but just leave it inside so only you can touch it.
    Hope your wife is well.

My mum brought a carrier back into my house today I believed she touched her bins whilst holding the bag. My worry is the ground is contaminated I have these worries often. I have worried about the garden for a year since the wheelie bin was placed in my garden. The good news is the bag she touched was wrapped in two other bags as it was raining today so maybe the bag was clean but because she never washed her hands. It was a present for someone so I know it will go to someone else’s house and go on someone else’s ground but I worry about my own house?
    Where my brother lives, there is a lady who used to walk around wrapped in plastic from head to toe. Like you she had a severe case of the contaminations with OCD. She got better though Phil.

I have OCD but I'm a functional OCDer. Fire 'n' thoughts (both sound like f's cus of a slight lisp) that's me. I've had dalliances with contamination in the past but nothing on your scale. I'm usually able to reel myself back in, and in that sense I'm fortunate.

I know I can be blunt, but I want you to know that I'm rooting for you - even if you don't think I am. Which is why I keep coming back, like an annoying fly.

What are you doing to combat this? This isn't accusatory. It's a genuine question.

I can't leave the house without doing my checks God knows how many times. My anxiety is orbital at the moment so this means more checks and me starting to remove plugs that's I'd usually leave in. The positive is that tramping up and down the stairs is helping to keep me fit. I know there's no point in asking you what is the worst that could happen if you were to lie down on the garden floor because I can't open my door and walk out without having done my checks at least 3 times. I've often thought it though. What would happen if I did the one check (which everybody should do) and simply walked out the door?

But then there was that time when I made my brother turn the car around and drive 40 miles because I convinced myself I'd left my hair straighteners on, so, yeah, my brain would probably melt.

I should probably get some therapy but it's so way down on my list of mental shite that I'll probably won't bother. You, however... need to be in therapy.

How does your wife cope with your OCD?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Phil we have had the same issues with this bin,letterbox for years you were I believe seeking some therapy,what’s happened?53EE6CF9-CBB9-48B8-BB34-D53E74D48519.jpg
    Get one of these bins but just leave it inside so only you can touch it.
    Hope your wife is well.
    Yes you are correct I have been battling this for some time. The letter box well I got a new door so the worry eventually went away anyway. But it always moves on to something else. I even moved my sofa over a little to hide the bit it touched. It touched side of sofa but I only worried about the floor.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information