Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily anxiety

Re: Daily anxiety

One of my ocd’s or triggers is if there is something I need at the shops like some cola if I don’t rush to get it I get a wave of anxiety. Like today I couldn’t find something for my lunch so it triggered an anxiety attack has anybody else had this before? The ocd seems to be telling me I need the item?

So I went to the psychiatrist for my check up today and they have finally decided to offer some CBT psychologist. They said six month to a year wait but it would save me the expensive cost. I spent over £300 private atleast NHS one I won’t have to worry if it only helps 10% atleast I’m not paying £40 a session?

£40 a session is very reasonable. You would be horrified with what I have to pay for my son but it's an important investment if you have the right therapist. It's all about prioritising the really important things in life.

That's great Phil! Really pleased you've been offered some help. How do you feel about it? I do agree with Pulisa that £40 per session of CBT is cheap. Its often more than double that for CBT, and some therapy is even more expensive. Still, it's a lot of money if you don't have it, and hopefully you'll feel more able to commit to it if you aren't directly funding it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    That's great Phil! Really pleased you've been offered some help. How do you feel about it? I do agree with Pulisa that £40 per session of CBT is cheap. Its often more than double that for CBT, and some therapy is even more expensive. Still, it's a lot of money if you don't have it, and hopefully you'll feel more able to commit to it if you aren't directly funding it yourself.
    I would have been happy to continue the old CBT but it was just the cost. My worry was after ten sessions how many more it would take. But yes it’s a victory because for years I have been seeking some NHS help and was always refused I have never had any via NHS since I was 16. I had been often told therapy wasn’t suitable. They also offered relaxation classes but I passed on that as I don’t like group things.

But yes atleast I can wait and perhaps put my mind at ease? I am not expecting miracles I mean it might not work but isn’t it better to be trying than not trying atall? I am unsure how many sessions I should expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    £40 a session is very reasonable. You would be horrified with what I have to pay for my son but it's an important investment if you have the right therapist. It's all about prioritising the really important things in life.
    Yes perhaps it’s different but in Scotland where I am £35-£55 is the price range it sort of varies some are cheaper some more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    But yes atleast I can wait and perhaps put my mind at ease? I am not expecting miracles I mean it might not work but isn’t it better to be trying than not trying atall? I am unsure how many sessions I should expect?
    Well, I think it's good that this psychiatrist is going to refer you for therapy. I'm not sure how many sessions you'd get, but hopefully if it's with a psychologist it won't be subject to the usual limits you get with IAPT. I agree it's worth giving it a go rather than not trying at all. It will take hard work but let's hope you'll find it helpful.

I’ve had more issues with wheelie bins. We have had very high winds and one blew into my garden yesterday and today mine blew over again and somebody brought it into the front garden right at my door now I am worried about the garden. I was already worried about the ground being dirty where in bins were on the street as mentioned before but I always thought the garden was a safe haven and nobody would bring the bin in the garden. Sadly not now my urges to move house are coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I was already worried about the ground being dirty
    Seems to me that the ground is always dirty

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You can move house as much as you want and as much as you can afford (how on earth do you afford it?) but you will take your issues with you and sooner rather than later there will be new problems/germs/imperfections with the latest property. I hope you are offered ACT therapy because it's more effective when you are stuck in a rigid mindset.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information