Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Daily anxiety

Re: Daily anxiety

My anxiety has got worse at work lately I have spells that last 30 mins where I feel weak, depersonalised and think I am dying. Again it’s thus worry about dying affecting me I mean I feel some cbt will help but it’s hard to find the right person for cbt?

It seems in the past it has always been therapy on your own terms. This will make it difficult for you to find the "right" therapist unless you are prepared to be a bit more flexible in terms of what you may be expected to attempt in order to make your anxiety more manageable in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Is it normal to feel anxiety every day? The feeling of being relaxed is something I have forgotten how to feel is anybody else like that?

And also I think I suffer from Thanatophobia(death anxiety)..
    Why has your font suddenly gone massive?

I last felt relaxed in 2011 when I went under general anaesthetic. Prior to that, it was 2004 (GA again) and possibly when I was in the womb (1969-70)

General anaesthetics are great for anxiety, aren't they ?!! I love the effects of midazolam too!

I sat up from the sofa and felt a bump in my Heath and it hit the back of my throat and I felt a bit funny for a min but it triggered my anxiety tonight as I have health anxiety and worry falling ill. Is it my anxiety playing up? Also often feel a hunger and it can vary and be a bloated gas feeling instead?
    Last edited by phil06; 25-12-20 at 23:43.

You probably just jarred yourself getting up, it will be something of nothing, I promise you.
    Don't worry about it mate.

Hope you had a good Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Is it my anxiety playing up?
    Yes.

Also often feel a hunger and it can vary and be a bloated gas feeling instead?
    Try peppermint tea.

You need to be proactive Phil - instead of just symptom dumping all the time..

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    You need to be proactive Phil - instead of just symptom dumping all the time..
    Look at his history and all the advice he's been given through the years... you're preaching to a wall I'm afraid

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Look at his history and all the advice he's been given through the years... you're preaching to a wall I'm afraid

Positive thoughts
    I know Fishmanpa, but I live in hope that one of these days something will go in. I've been where he is and it's not a nice place to be, believe me. I don't even want to imagine having this level of HA for 14 years! Also, I see other things in Phil aside the HA. He's complex (and I am complex) and that's probably another reason why I want to try and help him.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I know Fishmanpa, but I live in hope that one of these days something will go in. I've been where he is and it's not a nice place to be, believe me. I don't even want to imagine having this level of HA for 14 years! Also, I see other things in Phil aside the HA. He's complex (and I am complex) and that's probably another reason why I want to try and help him.
    Sorry to sound pedantic Nora, but Phil may have already suffered from HA long before he first signed up to this site back in 2006, and it could very well have been only then that he first discovered this site.

I only signed up to this site at the start of March when this blasted pandemic was really starting to gain a foothold here in Blighty, but I have had very bad pangs of anxiety over various issues throughout my entire life, though thankfully most I had as a young child are now long gone, no doubt due to a much greater understanding of the world, and of course what's real and what's fiction.

Once again, nothing personal intended against you Nora.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread Information